Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

ORIGINAL: M.Magis

Glockman55, what is your experience that your basing your reply on? Am I right to assume that it's zero? Add up the cost of 5 years worth of fuel, then compare to the cost of batteries.
I have to wonder why some people feel the need to comment on subjects they have no knowledge of.

Just my oppinion, And who are you to tell me what I can comment on? as far as my knowledge on this, you don't know me and what I know or don't know about these golf carts. So let it go DUDE, or hook em up and see who pulls who...LOL
Old 03-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

I never said you couldn't comment. I just wondered why you would when you don't have any first hand knowledge. It appears I was right. Just for the record, I do plan to add a gas UTV to my garage in the future, and the one you show just may be thebrand I buy. But, I'm afraid you'd be very disappointed if we wereto hook them up. If there's one place the BBB has an advantage, it's torque.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

I'm afraid you'd be very disappointed if we wereto hook them up. If there's one place the BBB has an advantage, it's torque.

That's cool, but yet to be seen.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

and for the record I do not own one, but a friend of mine does and we took both of ours to Wyoming on a mule deer hunt, needless to say his charge didn't last but two days, we did have a Gen. with us so he could get some use out of it, when chargeing he rode with me. Mine did get around better in the wet clay then his, maybe it was the difference in tires.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

You won't get an argument from me that a western hunt is no place fora BBB. If someone has to use a generator to charge it, then they need to go the gas route. They are a great tool (toy) in some areas, but that sure isn't one of them.
The BBB has abig advantage in the torque department. It has the advantage of two 15.5 hp electric motors (higher torque than gas), with 1650 lbs of weight sitting right over the wheels. It's been seen many times over. Again, both gas and electric have advantage/disadvantages. It just depends on usage.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Okay, I'll bite. Exactly how much experience do you have with battery operated modes of travel? I put well over a hundred miles per month (110-125) on my power wheelchair. Power wheelchairs are required to have a range of 20 miles (depending on the terrain and weight of passenger/s) I can tell you that a round trip of about 6.2 miles with max weight (me, my wife and my Yellow Lab) and a steep grade of the street, will deplete my batteries to a point where I have one flashing light on my power meter. Meaning, critical.

Riding it in the mountains during hunting season requires putting my Honda Generator on the back of my chair, for emergencies. My wheelchair requires one hour of charge for every hour run.

I think I'm going for a gas run rig for hunting. Much more options and immediately ready to continue with a splash of gas.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Gimphunter
if your doing around 7 or so miles the buggy will do fine. i do more than that any given day and have carried a lot of gear and people. the torque will get youa round and it will carry the wieght. i just built a fence and dragged wood and cement around with mine and i know i had 400 pounds of cement not counting enough wood for a 123 ft fence. and i did that for two days no charge
Old 04-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Re: Need reviews of bad boy buggy

I have no clue what these cost but I would not buy one.Two guys in the group with which I hunt each bought one of the 4x4 Bad Boy models middle of last summer (2007). We hunt about 3200 acres in SE Alabama. I can say it was frustrating not only to the owners, but to others of us who spent many an hour yanking these guys out of typical mucky areas and towing them uplong fairly steep grade inclines .... none of were a problem managing with the various brands, styles and "sizes" of gas burning ATV's and UTV's that the other of us had. There just does not seem to be the raw, sustainable power out put of the typical 350-700 cc gasoline ATV's and UTV's. Both of these guys have sold theirs before the deer season ended and have been in 2008 model EFI Rhinos ever since.

Last edited by Mojotex; 05-17-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Next time you find someone wanting to sell theirs, please let me know. The more I research the more interesting they become.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Mojo
as with any vehicle some folks are going to have a bad time and some wont, i know of Rhinos that have gotten stuck on my club and i have winched them out . i personally have taken my BBB places that ATV wont go . i will say the turn radious may be wider but in my swamp here in SC i dont and have not had a problem and i put my machine through all kinds of crap. i gues the one advantage i ahve over all the others is "They dont hear me coming" ive driven up on Coyotes,Deer,Hogs(my son just killed a 250pd hog out of the buggy"
but hey to each situation there is a solution.

Gimp
if you ever come to South carolina ill take you hog hunting in mine

Quick Reply: NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.