Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

My Terraserver experience

Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Spike

Default My Terraserver experience

I signed up for Terraserver yesterday, because I wanted very accurate aerial photos. I wanted to try to make my own maps for my gps unit and hopefully upload them to the unit. I paid 29.95 for a monthly subscription, because I thought this entitled me to download all the aerial photos I wanted to for one month. This fee entitled me only to print images. Downloaded images you are charged a fee for depending on the resolution you want. Your subscription fee does include 10% off of your images though. I can print images for free from google earth, so this would be a waste of money. After finding this out… I immediately cancelled my subscription, (which was active for only 30 minutes) but I was not prorated for the 30 days left on my subscription. I emailed customer service and told them I was unhappy with their service, but was told being unsatisfied with their product was not a reason for a refund and they would not refund my 29.95. I was dumbfounded with this response and thought I would let others know about my experience with this company. Evidently being a satisfied customer means nothing to them.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My Terraserver experience

FYI I've found that MSN maps has got the best revolution I've seen for rural ares.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My Terraserver experience

I'll beat that.

Many conties have GIS maps

Some have really good areal maps built in, as well as any other feature available.

They show all the plat lines which is awesome, and some even tell you who owns them and the acerage .

Definately well worth looking into.