HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   burris scopes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/235006-burris-scopes.html)

buckmastermn 02-28-2008 04:38 PM

burris scopes

I have been looking to buy a burris fullfield II scope that comes with the Landmark Binoculars. Has anyone purchased this package and what did you think about the quality?
Thanks

Remnard 03-01-2008 01:19 PM

RE: burris scopes

I bought a set with a 3x9 scope and a spotting scope. the riflescope seemed much better made than the spotter. personally I would go for a Leupold at the minimum, but if you are just looking for a plinking scope, what the heck. I don't think I would put one on a rifle I was taking on a paid hunt though. Just me.

spuddog 03-03-2008 11:41 AM

I have a fullfield II. I have friends that speak highly of them. Most of my friends own 2 - 3 different scopes. Any way good scope, but have yet to shoot with it much to give you a resounding yes. I would look at sites that give user reviews, like Cabela's and see what others have to say. Generally they are a well made scope with good glass.

Spud

okgobbler 03-03-2008 11:50 AM

I have 3 ffII's. I think they a good scope for the money. You might check out the browning 3-9x40. It's a bushnell 3200 in a different package. Leupold will probably not be a better scope until you look at the vx-II or vx-III.

TexasBowHunter 03-18-2008 12:15 PM

Not that your buying the package for the binoc's, however I have the binoc's and they have broken twice (something internal) they have a one year warranty on them and Burris replaced them both times and they were out of the warranty, that might help you decide about Burris. This last year I purchased leupold binoc's I now have them both, if I had to rate them the leupolds are clearer and dont have the dominant eye adjustment but they also cost more. Hope this helps you....

bugsNbows 03-19-2008 04:02 AM

Not a fan of that combo. Save your $ and buy better. At a minimum, get a Zeiss Conquest scope and some better class binocs. There are many choices out there.

Ripstop 03-30-2008 08:45 PM

You did not mention what weapon you will be mounting the scope on. I have a 4.5x14 FFII. It is a good scope. My only complaint would be the recticle. It is on the thick side. For the money it will do you well.

Not everyone can afford to put down $600 - $700 bones for optics.

Good luck

spd522 04-03-2008 09:49 PM

I have a Burris 3x9 Signature from about 1993. It was on my 300 WM and I replaced it with a Leupold VXlll 4.5x14, only because I wanted more top end magnification. At 9 power, the Burris is every bit as clear and bright as the Leupold at 9x.

I am planning on doing some rifle changes and have pretty much decided on the 6x24 Burris Black Diamond w/side focus for my 300 WM for some long distance
shooting.

Mojotex 04-10-2008 05:39 PM

In the summer of 2007, I bought a Burris Fullfield to mount on a muzzle loader.This scope hassort of a mil-dot reticule. It was "on sale". My thinking being that this reticule would help me compensate for longer range hold overs. And it has.It came with the binos, though I had no clue that it did until I opened the box. Gor the $$$, I think I got a good deal on the scope.However, it was just "very OK" in low light and I have since replaced it with a Conquest.I put the Burris on a "loaner" smoke pole that I have.The binos are not much. I did not expect them to be.