HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Rockie boots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/234689-rockie-boots.html)

mikepsu54 02-26-2008 05:35 PM

Rockie boots

Rockie boots are on sale.....All are around 60 bucks. I think its a great deal right? They have the blizzard stalkers. Got one pair for fiance--thinking of getting a pair for me. 1200grams insulation

Tenmilephenom 02-26-2008 07:07 PM

RE: Rockie boots

How much for the stalkers and where.

spd522 04-03-2008 09:57 PM

I wouldn't buy another pair of Rockys on sale or not. Not a single pair I have ever owned (about 10 all together) didn't have heel separation that caused a squeak andpop sound every step. Not good for a hunting boot and dangerous for an LE boot.

I switched to Wolverines and haven't had a bit of problems since.

Champlain Islander 04-08-2008 08:11 AM

When they moved to made in China the quality went down. I can't say I have ever had a pair that fealt great on my feet. I like Danners and although they are more pricey, they are worth every cent.

BOWHUNTERCOP 04-08-2008 09:39 AM

The older Rockies are great, but the new ones from what I have read and heard suck

bugsNbows 04-08-2008 10:30 AM

Yea, my last two pair of Rocky were my LAST ones. Squeeky and fell apart.

skeeter 7MM 04-09-2008 02:47 AM

I wish I could say I don't agree but can't. Last rocky's I owned weeped, replacement pair also weeped and that was enough for me. Luckily the retailer gave me a credit towards another pair of boots whichI used forIrish Setter Big Game& other items to make up the difference. They workedjust finefor4 hard years of hunting and winter use. I have since retired them& went back to Danner Canadian'sfor my main hunting boot and Schnee pack boots for extreme cold hunting/winter. Danner all leather boots require some break in but they sure are comfortable and last (these are 4 years old and lots of service left).

Doe Dumper 04-09-2008 08:40 AM

I bought one pair of Danner's last year and hated them for the first couple of months....now thay they are broken in I dont think Ill be buying anything else soon. As for Rocky's? LOL If I coulda ever got a pair to last more than a season I may comment but suffice to say Id rather go barefooted....

bugsNbows 04-09-2008 10:16 AM

Like skeeter7MM, I also love my Schnees.

wyotimberghost 04-09-2008 04:38 PM

I'm another unhappy Rocky boots customer. I literally had little chunks of the sole coming off after a week in Alaska, and the Gore-Tex broke down and stopped keeping my feet dry after about 1 year.

I'm a big believer that you get what you pay for. Boots are one thing I'll never skimp on again.

hillbillyhunter1 04-13-2008 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

When they moved to made in China the quality went down. I can't say I have ever had a pair that fealt great on my feet. I like Danners and although they are more pricey, they are worth every cent.
Exactly. I had an older pair of Rockys (all leather)that were my first serious boot investment and they were great and dry as a bone. Eventually fell apart. Now it's Danners all the way. Plus I hate the way all the new rocky boots are made ofthat rough canvass instead of leather...yuck.

TurkeyT 04-16-2008 02:24 PM

I've mostly had Rockies an Cabelas boots and both have served me well. I have seen others Rocky boots sole come off, rubber boots crack and leaks maybe I've been lucky. I perfer all leather boot an GORTEX not some water proof stuff. I make a trip down to Rocky boot outlet in Nellsoneville about once a year just to see what I don't need and they sell all sorts of stuff at a decent price in the outlet. I have a pair of bear claws 1000g that I've had for about 6yrs now in all I own about 6 pairs of rockies, I would like to try a pair of Danners since I hear so much about them.

MdDave 04-16-2008 05:01 PM

believe it or not ive had my cheap walmartherman survivors for 6 years now an they jus riped at seam last day of deer season

salukipv1 04-16-2008 06:14 PM

Agreed. Had older rocky's were ok.....then bought some danners, pretty great, then recently forget whatI bought , from basspro, another great boot, on par with the danners.

Ruger-Redhawk 05-14-2008 08:26 AM

I have a pair of Rocky Bear Claws.I would never buy another pair of Rocky's period. This pair I have after a few years of very light use. (I would only wear them in Georgia when the weather was cold enough to warrant their use which wasn't that often)The soils actually disintergrated.Started crumbling. These were always stored inside,never used around oil,gas or grease.Strictly used in the woods.I contacted Rocky and they offered to send me replacement soles with my Dime to have them put on.I took the new soles Rocky sentto a shoemaker.He looked at the replacement soles and said these will do the same thing. For a few bucks more he replaced them with Vibram(sp?).It was around 50.00 to replace these with the better sole.I've read and heard of other Rocky boot problems. Some similar to mine.