Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rockie boots

Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rockie boots

Rockie boots are on sale.....All are around 60 bucks. I think its a great deal right? They have the blizzard stalkers. Got one pair for fiance--thinking of getting a pair for me. 1200grams insulation
Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rockie boots

How much for the stalkers and where.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:57 PM

I wouldn't buy another pair of Rockys on sale or not. Not a single pair I have ever owned (about 10 all together) didn't have heel separation that caused a squeak andpop sound every step. Not good for a hunting boot and dangerous for an LE boot.

I switched to Wolverines and haven't had a bit of problems since.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Dominant Buck

When they moved to made in China the quality went down. I can't say I have ever had a pair that fealt great on my feet. I like Danners and although they are more pricey, they are worth every cent.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The older Rockies are great, but the new ones from what I have read and heard suck
Old 04-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, my last two pair of Rocky were my LAST ones. Squeeky and fell apart.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wish I could say I don't agree but can't. Last rocky's I owned weeped, replacement pair also weeped and that was enough for me. Luckily the retailer gave me a credit towards another pair of boots whichI used forIrish Setter Big Game& other items to make up the difference. They workedjust finefor4 hard years of hunting and winter use. I have since retired them& went back to Danner Canadian'sfor my main hunting boot and Schnee pack boots for extreme cold hunting/winter. Danner all leather boots require some break in but they sure are comfortable and last (these are 4 years old and lots of service left).
Old 04-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one pair of Danner's last year and hated them for the first couple of months....now thay they are broken in I dont think Ill be buying anything else soon. As for Rocky's? LOL If I coulda ever got a pair to last more than a season I may comment but suffice to say Id rather go barefooted....
Old 04-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like skeeter7MM, I also love my Schnees.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:38 PM

I'm another unhappy Rocky boots customer. I literally had little chunks of the sole coming off after a week in Alaska, and the Gore-Tex broke down and stopped keeping my feet dry after about 1 year.

I'm a big believer that you get what you pay for. Boots are one thing I'll never skimp on again.

Quick Reply: Rockie boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.