Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

climber deer stand

Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: climber deer stand

I have used them ALL,. Summit Goliath was my last for about 5 years till I tried the Equalizer. Hand down on this one. If you Summit users ever get the money to afford one or even just totry it out at a show or something I think you will be changing also.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

no thanks, i have used an Equalizer before and my Goliath is more comfortable and easier to use. the ONLY advantage the Equalizer has is that it gives you the option to hunt facing the tree if you want.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Spike

Summit Viper, I have 2
Old 03-18-2008, 01:59 PM

I guess I am the odd man out - I have a gorilla stand and I have been very pleased with it.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 AM

You cant go wrong with a summit Vipor I love them

Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 PM

I have a summit viper and a tree lounge. I like both as they have their good qualities. I don't have an adapter on my TL because I would not feel safe that far away from the tree. I use my Summit for bow hunting and some gun hunting.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

i bought my lone wolf due to its superior ability of the way its made it will make no noise when stepping back and forth. VERY QUIET and lightweight. dont mind the seat, but i am not overweight. Does anyone notice any main difference in climbing ease between the two. There are probably certain advantages to each one you just gotta choose what it is you are after
Old 04-04-2008, 06:05 AM
Spike

I own both the Summit Broadhead Backpacker and the Lone Wolf Hand climber. There are pro's and con's on both.
Summit is heavier,more comfortable for a long sit but noisier to set up. The Lone Wolf is much lighter,the seat can get uncomfortable for anextended sit, but it is extremely quiet.
If I had to pick one, I would go with the Lone Wolf. Just my $.02.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am 59 years old, 6' 1" and 250#. I climb about every specie of tree that we have here in the deep south. Frompines to hard barked hickories to slick barked sycamores. Believe me, I use only a HD , secure climber.Though others apparently have, I have had zero problems with and have 100% confidence in the original Ol' Manclimbers of which I have 7 "Grand" versions. Also have used the new Summit that belongs to my cousin. I forget which model. It is one of their newer HD aluminum models. It is super.Climbs easily, sturdy. comfortableand stiff ... and quiet.I believe you will not go wrong with any of the new Summit models.Too bad the old style Mississippi made "Ol' Man" stands are apparently gone for good.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

All I have to say is "thanks lab coat guy"

Quick Reply: climber deer stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.