Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

climber deer stand

Old 02-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: climber deer stand

Wow a lot of summit fans here. What about Lone Wolf??? I used a friends and it was a great climber. Iv'e tried a few of em.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

i quit using my TL when i bought my Summit Goliath. best stand i've ever used.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Summit Period # 15. I have spent a couple hundred days in mine and it's still the most comfortable safest stand I have ever seen. Lone Wolfs are cool but not nearly as comfortable, kinda the price you pay for the weight savings.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I like my Hunter's View well enough, but I'm thinking about going to an Equalizer or Timbertall. Both those have leveling adjustment. The Equalizer seems to have a slightly quieter cable. Can anybody talk to how quiet or level the Summit is? Also, how stable is it when you lean side to side. The Ameristep and Equalizer look like they lock best on the tree.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I have a summit climber and my last one was a summit also. I have several summit fixed stands also. I have to say though that I saw these stands at a show recently and I was thoroughly impressed!!! When I am ready I will definitely look hard at these. They are lighter I believe than the summit viper and are rated for 300 pounds. They nest in to each other for carrying/packing out. The seat was comfortable also and overall its a very versatile unit.

http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/
Old 03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit seems to rule, and I concur!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Spike

so you guys would take a summit over the lone wolf alpha sit and climb...just wondering because I was about to buy the lone wolf
Old 03-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Personally I don't care for the belt that goes around the tree.They even list it as something extra you might want to buy on their web page for the sit and climb.I'm sure Lone Wolf make fine stands and they are safe.I just don't like the belt.Personal Thing.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: hatcher88

so you guys would take a summit over the lone wolf alpha sit and climb...just wondering because I was about to buy the lone wolf
i was in the same spot you were between a summit and the lone wolf...i heard multiple people say the lone wolf seat is not all that comfortable and some actually put a summit replacement seat on their lone wolf. at $360 a pop for the lone wolf i went and a got a summit viper SS for $240 and im happy with the decision. the summit only weighs 2lbs more i believe.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Spike

well I also like the fact that it folds flat...so that there is nothing hanging off that could get caught on something...and nothing that makes extra noise when walking

Quick Reply: climber deer stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.