Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris Four Wheeler

Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Polaris Four Wheeler

My family is in the market for a new four wheeler and a lady on our road as a 4wd Polaris 3-- (mom told me all she could remember was that it was a 3 hundred something) for sale. She's asking $3,000 for it, so it seems to be a pretty good deal. Anyways, my dad has heard from some of his buddies at work the Polaris fourhwheelers are pretty high maintenance and require a lot of work. Any one have any experience with Polaris that could help us out?
Old 02-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Default RE: Polaris Four Wheeler

maybe a 330 magnum they quit making it in 2006 i think. i have a 2005 it a real good machine lots of low troque only thing is it is cold natured after it warms up it run fine
Old 02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I've owned, Polaris scrambler 500,honda foreman,yamaha grizz, raptor,warrior. My polaris never gave me one problem or left me stranded, belt didn't slip when it got sumerged several times if it did it didn't stop I rode out. I always hear people say I heard they have problems or I wouldn't own one, maybe they had problem when they first came out back in the day but they are just as good as the others or better. Its just like chevy,ford or dodge everyone has an opinion but not the experience. I've only regreated selling one of them and its the scrambler.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:03 AM

I think it depends on your use/needs. I can tell you that Polaris is the only mfg that seems to conistantly break or have issues that we ride and use at our camp. Our terrain is tough and we work themvery hard.....we have had problems consistantly with Polaris.
The Honda's / Yamaha's havebeen flawless.Kawi / Can-AM / Kawi haveverywell. No experience with Arctic Cat or Suzuki. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

If Polaris is the only mfg that seems to conistantly break or have issues that u all ride and use at ur camp. Our terrain is tough and we work themvery hard.....we have had problems consistantly with Polaris. Then why do you still own them what model are they?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

My 325 Magnum is a 2000 model and has been an excellent machine. No problems at all but I don't hotrod it and never take it in places that it has no business going. If you need to cross a river get a boat, or to plow get a tractor. You'll have trouble with most any machine if you use it for something it wasn't designed to do. I'd buy Polaris again in a heartbeat. I also think Polaris has the best ride out there, the most comfortable seat, and the best overall features bar none.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Original: Jaydog1

I can tell you that Polaris is the only mfg that seems to conistantly break or have issues that we ride and use at our camp. Our terrain is tough and we work themvery hard.....we have had problems consistantly with Polaris.
I have to agree with Jaydog. I ride with alot of guys on alot of different machines and if somebody doesn't make it through something or up something its been the polaris guys. I have no experience with the 300 class polaris wheelers but the larger machines that I have, it seems like they are a little more hype than anything. I have had Suzuki's for most of my life and currently have a 500 Vinson that is bullet proof and consistently outdoes most of my buddies bigger machines with the exception of the Kawasaki Brute Force. (Which is pretty much a death trap with that much power and that little wt.) haha.

For 3000 dollars, if it is the Magnum you may have a deal. I would be leary if it is the Trail Boss. Get us some more details. Either way ride it test it and if you have the chance ride some other models. There are some really good wheelers out there in the 3000 range. Honda makes some great stuff that should be in that range and only be a few years old.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most of the guys at our lease that HAD Polecats, er Polaris, got rid of them! No resale value either! That ought to tell you something! Polaris could make the best NEW rides ever, but with their history I'll NEVER buy one! But, its your money!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

i bought a 07 sportsman x2 500 deluxe limited ed. last spring. its the best riding atv i've ever seen. this atv is legal for 2 people,runs 56mph on the highway. polaris has come along way with there bikes and have fixed the problems of old. they are totally different then they were 5-6 years ago. everytime we go out riding someone rides the polaris and ends up buying one. we rode yesterday 30 miles on a hunting lease and i couldn't keep one friend off my bike ,he rode it most of the day and i rode his 500 honda,never again the honda rides to rough compared to my polaris. having had back problems the polaris is the only atv to ride... there are about 20 of us that ride together on trails in va. and west va. we have 6 polaris atv's now and there 4 more looking to get one this spring.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

A friend of mine had bought 2 Polarises a few years ago for him and his wife. They spent more time in the shop them out on the trails with them. They stated they would never own another one..

Quick Reply: Polaris Four Wheeler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.