Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV Tires

Old 02-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ATV Tires

ORIGINAL: Woodrow88

I have a question for you guys with the Yamaha kodiak 450's and the mudlites. I put mudlites on my Kodiak, 10's on front and 12's on back. These things sling mud all over me, not really in to all that. Would it work to just put fender flares on or will I need to put my 10's on back and get some 9's on front to solve this problem.
Woodrow, I have the 26" M-lites 10 on 12's just like you and flares, theyhelp (though the yami version don't keep you totally clean in heavy gumbo). It doesn't help the guy or guys following that much.Formypartners we installed extra wide and longer flares using 1/2" belting(his request as he had something sitting in the garage and felt as though he wassaving money). They don't look as good when its all shined up, however are effective.

Although my plastic oneshave held up really well in freezing temps, i can't help but think the belting would sustain more then plastic in terms of bumping in those frigid temps.

Best of Luck.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ATV Tires

Thanks for your advice Skeeter. I'm not a big mudder guy, just dont want to get wet and muddy driving to and from my hunting spots.