Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

how do you know?

Old 01-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Default how do you know?

i am wanting to buy a new treestand, i am not sure if i want one with a bar in the front or if i want one without a bar in the front, i am use to having a bar in the front, this will be my 2 tree stand, but my first time hunting out of a tree stand, i have another one but it isnt that comfy, a buddy of mine just gave it to me, but i was thinking of either the summit viper ss for the one with the bar and the summit bushmaster without the bar.
thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how do you know?

I think it really depends on what type of hunting you'll be doing. If you'll be mostly bow hunting thenyou mayfind that the barwill be in yourway most of the time. If you're rifle hunting then you may want the bar for added support.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:42 PM

we have a longer gun season mainly where i hunt, and does anyone know about the gorilla greyback climber, i remeber seeing them at my walmart for a good price, but i wasnt sure if the see was comfortable.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:18 PM

Personally i would go with the bar. It adds a false feeling of security/safety. But seriously....i like shooting bars
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM

ok i am going to go with the bar, but i was looking does anyone own the gorilla wolverine or the gorilla greyback, are they any good?