Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris Ranger

Old 12-15-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Polaris Ranger

Is there a better riding side by side than the polaris ranger? Just Curious.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Polaris Ranger

The Answer is not only yes, but hell yes! The Polaris Rangers are a good ride....but I am not much of a Polaris fan Personally ( Ive Owned One) I traded it on a New Yamaha Rhino and let me tell ya, the Rhino will beat the ranger in every catagory! Check em out! You wont be disapointed
Old 12-17-2007, 05:52 PM

The polaris is tops at ride, speed, hauling and dependability i looked at all the rtvs ranger the best the 700 efi cranks first time every time is the coldest weather.the rhino is more of a sporty rtv justreal tipsyyamaha has a lot of law suits out because of overturns they had to put leg minders on the new one to keep peoples leg from getting broke. i have 200 hr on my 2006 ranger xp with not one problem.check out this web site (prc.com)
Old 12-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: boss400

The polaris is tops at ride, speed, hauling and dependability i looked at all the rtvs ranger the best the 700 efi cranks first time every time is the coldest weather.the rhino is more of a sporty rtv justreal tipsyyamaha has a lot of law suits out because of overturns they had to put leg minders on the new one to keep peoples leg from getting broke. i have 200 hr on my 2006 ranger xp with not one problem.check out this web site (prc.com)
I agree on everything but the Hauling. My Mule is slow, ruff ride but I can haul more weight than any UTV except maybe the Kabota..

Old 12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

The polaris is tops at ride, speed, hauling and dependability
Our company bought a small fleet of rangers to try out on our site as transportation of people and tools.After two years the rangers have spent so much time in the shop,that we gave up on them.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Polecat was such a piece of crap in the past, that they can't help but get better! But reputation will follow the Polecat forever! I would not trade a rusted-out bicycle for one!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a 03 ranger with the streight axle and if you plan on hauling,pulling heavy trailers thats the way to go,I looked at a 07 artic cat prowler very nice but tall and Ive heard the rhino might have some liability problems but that might be hear-say......
Independent rear axles are nice if you just trail ride or do light work but if you haul heavy or pull heavy trailers(toung weight)streight is the way to go......
Everyone has thier own opinion on Utv's........
Old 12-19-2007, 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: kthiltgen

The Answer is not only yes, but hell yes! The Polaris Rangers are a good ride....but I am not much of a Polaris fan Personally ( Ive Owned One) I traded it on a New Yamaha Rhino and let me tell ya, the Rhino will beat the ranger in every catagory! Check em out! You wont be disapointed
I have taken the Rhino out for a spin, i liked it. But i still didnt think it topped the Ranger... Now how about the Kubotas? What are they like?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Kabota appears to be well made,but it certainly isn't cheap.The new Honda that is due out next spring looks good as well.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

This is my Brothers he has the hydrolic snow blade too, Very nice and $$$, IMO they don't have enough ground clearance and are too heavy. And my Mule will pull him into the next county...LOL