Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best Daypack(backpack)?

Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Daypack(backpack)?

What's the best backpack out there....waterproof, quiet and functional? Especially for treestand hunting.....
Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best Daypack(backpack)?

The best backpack..........well, that's very subjective; however, I'm in the market for a new backpack myself and the Badlands backpacks have caught my eye. I was at Bass Pro the other day and saw some there. Badlands are expensive, but are well made and conform to your body for a snug fit. They come in several sizes, althoug I only saw the 1900 c.i. model. The biggest negative is the price.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:32 AM

I dont have one, but i have tried on the Camelback hunting packs and I really like them. They have a couple of different sizes for different applications and durations of the hunt. They are also not rediculously expensive and having the built in hydration system is a huge plus. I do have one of their non-camo midsized packs (i used to use it for mountain biking) which I use for scouting when being hidden is not as important. I tis esentially the same as the hunting packs. The only concern I have is that it is sometimes hard to get on with lots of bulky layers. Other than that i would defiently check the Camelback hunting packs out. Hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was the camelbak waterproof?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:53 PM

Somewhat....But not enough so that i would leave a cellphone in there without it in a plastic bag

Old 11-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

I just recieved my Camelbak striker from basspro.com. It is a great back pack, it is small enoughto not get in the way yet big enough to hold all of the things that I need for an upcomming elk hunt. It also has 4 straps that are for an exterior overflow compartment incase you need a little more room, but the greatest things about these straps is that once you have loaded you pack up you can sinch them down and it hold everything firmly in place. Most of my day packs have a giant main compartment and things just move around and shift and get uncomportable. And the great thing is that it was $60.00 compared to $120-200 for the badlands. Check out the camelbak line and you wont be dissapointed
Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the Striker waterproof? I know I keep asking this question but to me this feature is as important as any other feature especially since we all want our food and gear dry.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

sorry
I saw you asked that question and forgot to answer it. The tag says that the exterior fabric is water resistant, not water proof.
it may be easier to find a bag that you like then get a rain cover for it, basspro.com has one in blaze orange

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_97299_400008012_400000000_400008000_400-8-12

Just an idea that might help
Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Truly waterproof packs are hard to find. Another option is to store anything that you care about getting wet in some big ziplock bags or something. I know using an plastic bag is not ideal, but it works, and thats what counts.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Typical Buck

I used my camelbak striker for an elk hunt this past weekand it is by far the best day pack that I have ever used

Quick Reply: Best Daypack(backpack)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.