HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Game Carts (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/215743-game-carts.html)

JoeBigSky 11-03-2007 06:56 PM

Game Carts

Thinking of ordering the Cabelas's Super Mag Cart. Thoughts/comments?

I appreciate your comments.

lifesadrag 11-04-2007 03:23 PM

RE: Game Carts

I have one and think it's one of the best things I own. It rolls over everything, well balanced, easy to load, and folds up nice and easy. The only thing I would recommend is to replace the 2 pins that hold it together with a different type as they have a tendency to fall out.

JoeBigSky 11-09-2007 07:51 PM

Lifer,

thanks for the tip. I ordered one and this evening after work I took it up to an area I know and filled a "B"(mulie doe) tag. Hunting by myself, it was a simple matter to get that fat doe onto the Supermaggame cart and roll her back to the truck. I even tossed my day pack onto the cart as well. Too bad it didn't have a rack for my rifle, had to strap that across my back, but I'm being spoiled now, LOL.

I was very impressed with the ease of rolling that cart up, down and over hills and obstacles. On the easier sections, I could literally use 1 finger to keep the cart chugging happily along behind me. Also, the deer got back to the rig without being dragged over rocks, dirt and cactus along the way -this will nodoubt result in a better table animal.

When I reached the rig, I simply backed the truck into a low spot and rolled thecart with doe still on itinto the truck bed. I tied it down andwas on the way home in minutes. Very nice.

In short, I would highly recommend the Cabelas Supermaggame cart. Oh yeah, it also came with a large canvas game bag for free. I didn't use that though. Gaveit to a friend who wanted it to use as an excellent bed roll cover for camping.

losthwy 11-21-2007 06:23 PM

I use mine for hauling goose decoys. Two modications I have done, one painted with camo paint and the other wrapped rope around the handle to insulate my hand from the cold metal. Good product.

JoeBigSky 11-23-2007 07:50 PM

Those are great tips. I've already wrapped several lengths of rope around the cart in strategic spots. Think I will wrap the metal handle with closedcell foam and duct tape it up. Easier on the hands.

Thanks for the useful ideas.

royak 11-24-2007 06:49 AM

As for carrying your gun I purchased a set of 4 wheeler gun holders and installed them on my cart to hold my gun or bow and it worked perferctly.

maytom 11-25-2007 10:12 PM

I have been thinking of getting one myself, and after reading this post, I just may!!;)

mutantcoil 11-29-2007 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: maytom

I have been thinking of getting one myself, and after reading this post, I just may!!;)
Yeah, me too.