Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

tree lounge tree stand

Old 12-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: tree lounge tree stand

ORIGINAL: srwshooter

SAFE,if you put the bow platform on it ,its about the most unsafe stand i ever seen. you only stand 4 ft from the tree .
You should have rephrased your statement, " For Archers"............I alsoagree with you. There are two things I don't like about the Tree Lounge, 1. The new style and 2.The Bow Platform. Other than that, you can't find a safer tree stand than it!

I will be 70 yrs old soon and I just have to laugh when I hear young men say, "OH, It's to heavyyyyyyyy!
Or it's to noisyyyyyy!........Not if you know what you're doing![8D]

Well, it's everyones prerogative to use or buy what they want........To each his own!....Happy Hunting To All!

Old 12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

10 miles up hill both ways right?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Woodrow88

10 miles up hill both ways right?[:'(]
No, 10 round trip!..........You are just and old wise @$$ or a young whipper snapper that can't handle stress![8D]

Like I mentioned above, I will soon be 70 yrs and have some disabilities..........You should be ashamed to be complaining about the Tree Lounge being too heavy! You must be a Prima Donna!!!!!!!

BTW, Merry Xmas

Old 12-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Name calling???
The staff of HuntingNet.Com reserves the right to remove any post, topic or person for any reason we see fit.

Please follow the set of rules listed below and help keep HuntingNet.com a great place for all members to visit.

1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings.

2. No threatening, abusive or harassing comments

Thats probably not allowed on this forum? Hey Sherlock you ever thought that maybe I have a disability?? You think only 70 year old men have disablities?? This thread has been going on for almost 2 months listening to you insult those that dont like the Treelounge. Get over it, some people like to have a lighter, stronger, easier stand that they can bowhunt out of..........GO Figure!! You bought 2 of them POS, thats what's funny.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Name calling???
The staff of HuntingNet.Com reserves the right to remove any post, topic or person for any reason we see fit.

Please follow the set of rules listed below and help keep HuntingNet.com a great place for all members to visit.

1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings.

2. No threatening, abusive or harassing comments

Thats probably not allowed on this forum? Hey Sherlock you ever thought that maybe I have a disability?? You think only 70 year old men have disablities?? This thread has been going on for almost 2 months listening to you insult those that dont like the Treelounge. Get over it, some people like to have a lighter, stronger, easier stand that they can bowhunt out of..........GO Figure!! You bought 2 of them POS, thats what's funny.

There was a guy about sixty + years ago that wanted everyone to think like him, it started WW II. HOpefully you know who I am referring to. Someone doesn't agree with you Name calling is not the answer.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Woodrow88

10 miles up hill both ways right?[:'(]
No, 10 round trip!..........You are just and old wise @$$ or a young whipper snapper that can't handle stress![8D]

Like I mentioned above, I will soon be 70 yrs and have some disabilities..........You should be ashamed to be complaining about the Tree Lounge being too heavy! You must be a Prima Donna!!!!!!!

BTW, Merry Xmas

70 years old,thats great..

i never see anyone here over 65 hunting out of treestand..
tree lounge is comfortable but heavy to lug in..

i dont like the way they stick out from trees..
here in pa. the best height is around 12/15 ft high..
if you get higher you cant see under the canopy.
so, treelounge would stick out to deer, i feel.

if you could get up 20 ft, no problem on deer seeing you.

all climbing stands have problem, our trees have limbs real low, like 12 ft..

by law ,you cant cut tree limbs off..

so, best stands are ladder and lock on ones with ladder sticks..

my favorite is LADDER STANDS..

if i am hunting only 2 hrs in archery in evenings, i use my TREESUIT, its not real comfortable but is deadly for getting close to big buck without him knowing you are there..

Old 12-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Spike

I much rather be able to try one first. They do look like you could sleep well in them.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

I'll sleep at home..LOL I love my Summit
Old 12-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll sleep at home..LOL I love my Summit
Just check for cracks in the welding before you use it.

I haven't been able to sit for more then 4 hours in a summit without moving to get comfortable..I can stay in one position on an ole man pretty much all day.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Summit is quiet, easier, lighter and as comfortable.
no trying to be a smart-butt here but please tell me which summit is as comfortable, BTW i have nothing against the summits, i live W/I an hour, and worked 20 minutes from where they are manufactured, bought several and have had several, even bought one before they were for sell to the public from the man that started building them over 30 years ago in Decatur Al. (replaced an old Baker "death trap")

for comfort i don't think you can beat the TL, but the only climbing stands i own are Ol'man brand, one grand ol'man 21#'s and a ol'man carbon fiber climber 15#'s(can't remember the model name) but it is awesome for bow hunting

the summits are good climbers, no make that a great climber, but i assure you they are nowhere near as comfortable as a tree lounge or an ol'man climber

and yes i have tried the newer summit stuff (viper) and it is nice, but if i'm staying in a tree all day i'll take an Ol'man everyday

i have sold or had stolen[:@] all my summit climbers, but i will say i still have my seat-of-pants safety harness, summit makes great products no doubt, but i figure the reason thereare so many climber manufactors because we all like one thing better of one brand over the other some like price[&o], i look for quality and comfort first

ya'll have a merry Christmas

Quick Reply: tree lounge tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.