Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

tree lounge tree stand

Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: tree lounge tree stand

Yes, thatis my opinion, if you can leave the heavy loud thing on a tree all season its the most comfortable stand there is. I just got tired of sweating like a pig in 30 degree weather lugging that clankity-clank thing in every time runningevery deer in the county off and I had the light version that came out a few years back when they sold the company.Lets not even talk about bowhunting out of it. Geezzz

Summit is quiet, easier, lighter and as comfortable.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Woodrow88

Yes, thatis my opinion, if you can leave the heavy loud thing on a tree all season its the most comfortable stand there is. I just got tired of sweating like a pig in 30 degree weather lugging that clinkity-clank thing in every time runningevery deer in the county off and I had the light version that came out a few years back when they sold the company.Lets not even talk about bowhunting out of it. Geezzz

Summit is quiet, easier, lighter and as comfortable.

The Old Style weights more than the New Style and this old man does not have any problems carrying itwith back pack attached toit for 10 miles to and from. As for noisy, all it takes is a little liquid foam in the frame to deaden some of the noise. As for setting up, not one problem if you learn how from the beginning.

Now, for the New Model, have no experience with it.....
Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree the TL is a little heavier than the others, but the safety and comfort are more than worth it! If you know what you are doing with it, its not loud to carry, setup or climb! I have climbed trees with it, decided I liked another tree better, climbed down, set up and climbed the other tree, only to have deer walking under me in less than 5 minutes! That would not happen if it were a loud stand!
Even the bow attachment is getting better, the more I learn the proper angle to set it at, the more comfortable I am with it!
Now, if I can only figure out a good cover to get me out of the weather!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Well if it makes you feel better you can dealwith all its short comings. There's a better stand out there and its called a Summit and thats from expierience. 10 miles to your stand? Wow, is that up hill both ways in the snow??
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Well if it makes you feel better you can dealwith all its short comings. There's a better stand out there and its called a Summit and thats from expierience. 10 miles to your stand? Wow, is that up hill both ways in the snow??
"The Tree lounge Is to Heavy, The Tree Lounge Is To Heavy"!

Old 11-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

I have had the Old Style for 15+ yrs. I don't really use the Bow Attachment cause I don't feel safe on it!

Dont feel safe in it?????????? The way you talk its the perfect stand???
Old 11-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

I have had the Old Style for 15+ yrs. I don't really use the Bow Attachment cause I don't feel safe on it!

Dont feel safe in it?????????? The way you talk its the perfect stand???
I mentioned the Bow Attachment which is not installed on those two, not the stands. Hey, its your prerogative to use what you like and likewise for me. Happy hunting Bro!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

i'm wanting to buy a used one one of these days, iprefer my hunters view hawk over my summit so the weight wont hurt me none,
anythings quieter than my summit, going through the weeds that thing is loud seems that every twig must ping off of it.cables make noises as well, the tubing dont last.
i want to know is there a way to set them(tree lounge)up so that the bowplatform is closer to the tree.maybe the angle might help but does that take away from the safty or sturdiness of the stand.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: buck-i

I'm wanting to buy a used one one of these days, iprefer my hunters view hawk over my summit so the weight wont hurt me none,
anythings quieter than my summit, going through the weeds that thing is loud seems that every twig must ping off of it.cables make noises as well, the tubing dont last.
i want to know is there a way to set them(tree lounge)up so that the bowplatform is closer to the tree.maybe the angle might help but does that take away from the safety or sturdiness of the stand.
To quiet your Summit use a small amount of Liquid Foam in the tubing. The Tree Lounge is recommended to be at 45* on the tree. I have a small Inclination gauge that I put on the side rail when adjusting on tree.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

My Dad has one with all kinds of assc. like the chill pad and extra bags that are made for it. He also has the bowhunter platform but in recent years his elbow has gotten to where it's made it impossible for him to climb with it so he set's it up with a ladder stick going into it. I'm now affraid he's going to get hurt while trying to climb into it from a stick. He's expressed interest lately in selling it. Does anyone know what it might be worth? It looks like the one on the right in the photo above.

Quick Reply: tree lounge tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.