Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review >

Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Old 12-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Default RE: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

The ride on mine was pretty stiff also. My dealer put some rubber washers on top and beneth the spring or was it the shock.....I can't remember,and man wha a difference it made. Doesn't even ride no where near it did before. The ride is very smooth and comfortable.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

well i put the buggie through it today, i have one stand way back in a clear cut that is covered with loose logs and stumps add what mud we have in the swamp and it will hang up any UTV and ATv. i had just put fresh corn on my hog stands and thought "why not lets see if she can go the real test" so in i went plowing through 8 and 10 foot brush over logs and stick piles . i hung up once and with a little rocking she pulled through . i didi run up on a big log that was bigger than the bttom of the buggie but i used the winch to get over it , this property hasnt seen a vehicle in years and BBB just busted it wide open. plowed through small trees and vines all the way to the feeder . normally that is a 400 yard walk.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:46 AM

OK, persepective from someone who was and still is really sold on the idea of the BBB.

I purchased mine at the end of September and took it up the very next week to our camp near Jackson, MS for our fall planting. It does have its limits as I found that first weekend. Riding around all day long is not what it's made for. Other than the limited range I had no problems that first weekend. Two weeks later as I'm going out for an afternoon bowhunt it starts to go on its own even after I let off the accelerator which was a little hairy. I was able to make it to my stand having to turn the key off to get it to stop. On the way back to the camp after the hunt it was doing the same thing and then the lights went out so I had no choice but to turn it off and walk the rest of the way. So that weekend I cut my hunting a day short so that I could haul this thing back to my dealer 180 miles away only to find out that I needed to turn around and haul it another 2 1/2 hours to Natchez. I picked it up a week later from Natchez and brought itback to Jackson where it seemed to be working fine. I plugged it in to charge that night and the next morning when I went to use it...the battery level indicator was flashing that the batteries were dead! I figured it was the charger, cut another weekend short, drove back to my dealer, picked up another charger. Went back the next weekend, plugged it in that night, the next morning...the same thing! Furious was not the word I would use that morning. I cut another weekend short, hauled the cart back again, this time 180 miles to Metairie, LA and let them deal with it. I get a call on Monday telling me that when they serviced it at the factory in Natchez they never reconnected the battery cable!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hauled it back to Jackson 2 weeks later where it worked without incident for the next two weekends.At this point I was very skeptical of the quality control at BBB to say the least. So the weekend before Christmas I go up and plug the buggy in. The next morning...no headlights!!!!!!!!! I had to drive to the stand holding my flashlight the whole way. The whole ride I'm thinking..."this is what I get for $9700!" I decided to let my dealer enjoy his Christmas holiday before I gave him the news. I strapped two flashlights to the front rack and that sufficed for this past weekend. I cut another weekend short to bring the buggy back to Metairie again this past Saturday. I hope I just got a lemon but I really think it's part design, part quality of parts used and a large part lack of quality control that caused my issues. Also, lugging this buggy around is not easy on a standard 1/2 ton pickup. I drive a Titan and it handles it fine but I'm sure if I have to haul this thing so much for the rest of the time I own it, it will cause wear and tear on my truck. I don't think I should have this much trouble after only 3 months of ownership.

When my buggy has worked, it has provided me with just what I thought I was buying, a good, silent, scent-freemeans of hunting transportation. I just want people to know both sides before they invest what is a significant amount of money to most people.

Oh, and I am very interested in these rubber washers installed beneath the springs to smooth the ride some because it can be harsh! Independent front and rear suspension would make these buggies so much better!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

john
sorry you had such a ruff time with it and im sure they will get it right , my son layed mine over doing doughnuts last week and broke the roof and left rear mud flap. so i ordered them today. i spoke to mark and he told me that the buggy should be fine but to put it up on racks and look at how it rolls as far as the tires .as with any company there are going to be the few that are not done right but mne was and im loving it . i spent 4 hours riding around the other day with no problem and still didnt use half a charge .
i think i would have my rep get this right .
hang in there
Old 01-03-2008, 03:11 PM

Thanks Gunny. My dealer is attempting to correct the problems as we speak.

One other thing that no one has mentioned on this thread and something that I think should be standard equipment on the bad boy is a skid plate or brush gaurd for the front of the buggy to protect the plastic shroud that covers the front motor. My shroud is already cracked in several places due to rolling over a few saplings. This is something that I'm surprised they haven't thought of. It was the first thing to break on mine. I'm currently designing one to be fabricated and installed as soon as our season ends. I'll post pics and drawingsif anyone is interested.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 PM

Hey John and welcome to the wonderful world of BBB. Sorry to hear about your issues. I haven't had any problems besides squeeks. I will have to take some pictures of the rubber washers that were installed on mine. It really made a difference. It is such a pleasure to ride now. I had no idea my dealer has done that. The only issue with the washer is that it gives such a soft flex in the suspension that the tires will rub LOUDLY on the mud guard when hitting a dip. I am probably dremmel outthe place where it is rubbing. I would much rather get just a tiny bit more mud on me than have to deal with such an uncomfortable ride. Mine has been sitting up for 2 months due to work but broke it out today. It just brings a smile to your face.

Gunny. I see yours has been broken in properlyby your son. HAHAHA.Luckily mine are still too small to even drive it.
I hope to be able to break away soon so we can go on a BBB hunt.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

BBQ just give me a call or email and we will go , i found a new stand spot for them and put a feeder out this week. yea my oldest thought he would do doughnuts. he did but put it on its side so now he is buying me a new roof and mud flap for the back. nothing but the flap would have broke if he hadnt bounced of the roof. i put the inclosure on last week and drove the club for about four hours . saw a few small hogs and a bobcat but nothing worth taking.
pm me some pics on the washer on the springs or post it here
Old 01-07-2008, 12:35 PM

Yeah, I'd really like a pic of those washers to show to my dealer.

I'm guessing no one else has had any issues with their plastic shroud getting broken? Man, I must have gotten a lemon!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:18 PM

I went to take pic but can not see where the rubber washer\gaskets were added. I know they were but just need to see a stock buggy.

I haven't had any problems with my shroud(whatever that is.) I have put mine through the test multiple times and yet to have anything crck or break.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

I broke mine within 2 hours, but I drove over some dead trees I shouldn't have. The bolts simply pulled through the plastic. A metal bar on the back side from one bolt to the other would solve it, and is also how I plan to fix it.

Quick Reply: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.