Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best Deer Grunt

Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 PM

Default RE: Best Deer Grunt

buck roar
Old 09-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Probably the only one in here that has heard of or used a Rod Benson grunt tube, but to me it is the most realistic grunt tube out there...and I have tried them all.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Jackson Bowner

Probably the only one in here that has heard of or used a Rod Benson grunt tube, but to me it is the most realistic grunt tube out there...and I have tried them all.
Rod Benson Game Calls
PO Box 427
Twin Lake, MI 49457
Tel: 231-821-9015
Fax: 231-821-9111
A complete selection of turkey-attracting diaphragm and friction calls, plus hunter-acclaimed duck, goose and locator calls. Benson adjustable wood deer call offers 12 vocalization, adjustable plastic 24.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have tried a lot of calls. Called more bucks in in one season with the Rod Benson call than i have all the others combined....Great call.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

kind of neathearing you guys talk about Rod Benson,I live in Muskegon,MI. I see Rod at least two to three times a bow season some times more coming or going,he's a pretty neat guy I also have one of his calls but I have retired it after using the BOW GRUNTERS PLUS CALL it's a hands free call that pins to the upper part of your coat with a rubber tube that runs down to your side and you pin the call so it faces behind you,it is also a hands free call you can be at full draw with your bow,if deer is walking make one grunt with call stops em dead in there tracks,I use it in conjunction with a primos bleat call pre rut through the rut,Best combination that I have found so far,you can see the call on www.away huntingproducts.comFred Abbas desinged it,and he is also ranked the best trophy hunter in MI. try it out comes with dvd or seperate I ordered it with the dvd.and you will not be dissapointed............Ted
Old 09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Spike

the true talker is my go to call on quiet still days. If it is windy and i need to reach out and get a bucks attention i use my old Drury Power Punch. great volume. But on those cold days the knight and hale grunt (inhale exhale is key) nothing worse then trying to grunt at a buck and your reed is frozen.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM

I like the quaker boy deer grunt. I have used it in humid South Carolina and below freezing/snow in Wisconsin and it has never once hung up on me. It is cheap too...like $5 or $6.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

Deer calls have changed the way we look at deer hunting. I remember the first time I heard a Buck grunt. I had no idea what the heck was going on. I mean, here was a Pig sound coming from a Deer!

When deer grunt calls hit the market a few years later, I knew they were going to work and quickly bought my first deer grunt call. Everyone scoffed and laughed. That was alright, I had the last laugh when I arrowed a 9 point I had called up on Public land! Then all I heard was "Hey, where can I get me on of those thingymajobbers?"

Doe bleat calls are especially popular today as well as the grunt tube calls. But you must know what you're doing. Simply going out into the woods, sitting down and start grunting and bleating isn't going to work 99.9% of the time. I had to put the 99.9% of the time in because some bozo will actually call up and shoot a record book buck by going out into the woods, plopping his/her but down at the most confortable tree and start grunting and bleating!
=================
Text Link Ads
personal blog low cost
Old 04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

i use a call made by away hunting i have called in more deer with this call than any other call.im not sure how well they can hear it on windy days .but im not going too change for now .