Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Help on purchasing binoculars

Old 06-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Spike

Default Help on purchasing binoculars

I need a new pair of binoculars. I'll be using them for deer hunting as well as general use ( bird watching, etc). I would like to stay in the price range of $200-300. Can anyone suggest some optics?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Help on purchasing binoculars

The best I have found in that price range are the Nikon Monarch ATB in either 8x42 or 10x42. They are the clearest I have found in that range and have a 25 year no fault warranty. You can find them online here: http://theopticzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=2408.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the price range you are talking about most of the big optical names will give you a good product. I recently went through this search myself. I settled on a pair of Brunton's.Great optics, nice features.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold,burris,nikon,weaver,bushnell(better lines only)a bunch I left out.
Go with 10x by 40mm-42mm for all purpose. The tiny 1s look good in store but are almost useless in low light conditions because of small exit pupil.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

8X32 Bushnell Legends, great glass for the money!!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

In that price range you havequite a few choices as mentioned. Best thing to do is go to a sporting goods shop and try a bunch of different brands to see which you like the best. Look for something lightweight with good clarity. I actually bought the Nikon Buckmasters in 8X by 36mmand for where I live they are perfect. I got them for a $100.00 bucks on sale and although they arent the greatest they are light and very clear and work well in low light. They have also taken a beating and are still great despite what others may think of them.The Nikon Monarchs are better though so if you dont mind the extra $$$ get those.Whatever you buyinvest in a Bino harness system. It really takes the strain off your neck.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:54 PM

I have Leupold 10x42 Wind River Cascades Model. Best I've had. Crisp, clear, let in a ton of light! Right in the middle of your budget. You won't be disappointed. Also, to me the Leupold seemed clearer than the Nikon Monarch. That's the only reason I went with Leupold. When I bought I was actually down to deciding between the Nikon Monarch and the Leupold Wind River Cascades. Put Leupold and Nikon next to each other and see which you like best. Also, make sure you can take them outside the store and look at things in natural light with them.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 PM

I love my Bushnell Legend 10 x 42 roof prisms. Slightly over your $300 max, about $330, but excellent glass for the money. This is one of those areas of equipment where their is a pretty linear progression between what you spend and what you get. Don't need anything to exotic if you are not going to spend lots of timeglassing, but if you are, spend themoney here and cutbacksomewhere else.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Bushnell Trophy 10x42 and love them. For $179 they are agreat deal.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:52 PM

Go with Nikon or Bushnell.

Quick Reply: Help on purchasing binoculars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.