Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV Trailer

Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Spike

Default ATV Trailer

I've been looking into getting one of these to pull behind my Kodiak 450.
http://www.polartrailer.com/hd1200/hd1200.aspx

Does anyone have any feedback on this one or any ATV trailer? How important is it to stay within your ATV's range of towing?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATV Trailer

I dont think the trailer is the issue,its what your going to be hauling,but yes you can over do it with the trailer.Depending on the drive system and size of you ATV bad things can happen...I have a Sportsman 4 and 500 that I use to pull my Ranger bass boat around and Pontune.Its deffenetly(spl) to much weight but I do it anyway.I did buy a Polaris Ranger afew year ago so I dont use the sportsman's any more for pulling thostrailers around.
Forgot..I still pull a 16' single axel trailer around lightly loaded with odd and end stuff with the sportsman....
I would stay within Mfg sugested towing while your warranty is still good.As you use your atv you will get to know what and whatnot you can do as far as trailers go...
A single snowmobile trailer is a good trailer also,just put sides on it.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 PM

Have had one of these for 3 yrs and works great!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47845

Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no experience with this particular trailer but from the description looks pretty good. The pass through axle is definitely a plus to be used for all types of terrain so the axle doesn’t hang up with a load. Wide track tires are also a good feature except I would check the c/c of the tires to see if they would match with your ATV. May or may not be a big deal but something to think about depending what you plan on using this trailer for. I like the coupler for 1-7/8” or 2” ball. Make for easy hookup. I have a trailer with a pin and it’s terrible. Overall I would say, I would buy one depending on the price...
Old 04-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Spike

I've also looked at these and talked to the mfg's and they are larger body size, so I could hull more decoys.

http://www.otteroutdoors.com/trailers/superx.html They make this for Artic Cat also.

http://www.eqnx.biz/atv/xl2.html
http://www.eqnx.biz/atv/explorer.html These are nice also, but expensive.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:52 PM

I own the double axle polar trailer and own a Kawasaki 750 brute force to pull it. The double axle is great for the added weight and rough terrain.
The plastic bed is nice for it will last for years. the only drawback as with most trailers is the mud kicked up by your atv will end up in the trailer
You will need to watch the hills, as weight in the back can lead to the ATV getting very dangerous and flipping. I use the trailer to load bags feed for my large deer feeders that I run year round. The trailer is rated for 1200 lbs but try and do that on s steep hill with atv and you will be playing indiana jones and the temple of doom as you run from the atv.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same trailer for three years now best 180.00 I ever spent
both my hunting partners have the same trailer now,like it better then
the John Deeres they were pulling!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FLAHUNT

The trailer is rated for 1200 lbs but try and do that on s steep hill with atv and you will be playing indiana jones and the temple of doom as you run from the atv.
Thanks for the info. I’m in the process of making my own ATV trailer for halling fire wood and was concern because the tires are only rated for 400 lb. a piece being that the trailer could only handle 800 lb. but now that’s not an issue...
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The one that timbercreek and I have is rated at 1200lbs.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Dominant Buck

I got one of those combination hitches for the wheeler from Cabelas so I can towmy ATV trailer with 2" balland a hitch pin trailer like a garden cart, roller or lawn sweeper.

Quick Reply: ATV Trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.