Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Money

Old 05-17-2007, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Money

Are you guys talking gear only??????? That is awesome. I probably average less than $500 a year combined for hunting and fishing gear. Hunting and fishing are really the only two activities that I spend time and money on. I don't do much ATV'ing, snowmobiling, go to bars, gamble, golf or any other expensive hobbies. The cost of gas and license isn't included in that $500 so those costs do add up also. My wife and I both have decent jobs but there is no way I could justify $2000 a year on gear alone. The way it is now, I have myone room in the basement full of gear plus a lot of bigger stuff like stands, targets, wall tent, etc in the garage. I'd rather spend $1,000 on gas, food, license to go on an elk hunt then to buy another rifle/bow when I can only hunt with one at a time anyway. That is awesome that you guys can get away with that. I know I'm a cheapskate and I let my wife spend a little more liberally than I do but I'm cool with that. September through November she knows I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the woods and the time is more important to me than the $$.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:11 PM

When my wife asks how much I spent when I bring home new gear, I remind her that she spends $100 a month on starbucks and has nothing to show for it. I've been eating cheap and riding my bike to work so I'm not burning so much gas...I'm saving up $$$ for quality optics.

I'm just starting to get into hunting, so I started out with no gear except my camping and fishing stuff. So far I've spend about $750 on my rifle, license, ammo, gun case, calls, a nice knife, and other misc items. I've still got to pick up a decent scope, binoculars, camo, a shotgun, a side-arm, and all the accessories that go along with all of them. Seeing the cost of ammo, I'm definitely going to get into reloading.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:14 PM

licenses-136
firearms-700
ammo-250
clothing-100
random crap-400
gas-500

Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 AM

Last year!

Boat $5000
Motor$4000
SBEII $1450
Decoys$1000
Shells $450

This was just for duck season! God i hope my girlfriend doesn't get a hold of this. She thinks the boat and motor together was $5000 and she was pissed about that.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:13 AM

Hell tags alone have already cost 2500, and i havent even started. and tuesday my spotting scope comes in so ill have to pay for that also. Damn i cant wait for hunting season to be over ( just kididing).
Old 05-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am pretty well set up now, but the cost of setting things up the way I like it is alot of dollars. A few years ago $3000 just for a couple of pups for hunting grouse and woodcock with. Then the time training ect.. the cost just keeps on going up. Last year putting up a pheasant pen for more training ect... Now when you talk about deer hunting ect.. for the bow, rifle, and everything else just some more dollars. Now with the price of gas it will be some what higher then last years hunting trips but, it's what I enjoy, " the great outdoors ", priceless!!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Out of state trip every year appx. $1500
The other items have been acquired over a period of many years.I am getting close to not "needing" any thing the wanting any thing is another story.
If I had to get the average of annual expense for me including clothing,books,arrows,mounts and other odd's and end's would be about $1000.
Family needs always come first,and thankfully I am able to have these expenditures with out any strain for our family.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:57 AM

This year will be a little more expensive for me buying the mathews Drenalin and bought my 7 yr. daughter a new rem 700 .243. but on average about 500 to 750 for clothes. Also starting feeders this year and keeping up the food plots. But that total is for deer and duck
Old 05-27-2007, 08:37 AM

I like the Old Parkers, L.C. Smiths, and Fox Sterlingworths.
But, i mainly collect the American made affordable guns that most people used in the glory days of quail hunting.
Stevens
Cresent Arms
Baker
Savage
Lefever
Hunter Arms (the also made the L.C.) but made cheaper guns like the Fulton
Iver Johnson
Ithaca
Old 05-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dale have you ever seen or herd about an old N.R.Davis & Sons side by side shotgun? It has the flintlock hammers and all I was just wondering that is all.

Quick Reply: Money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.