Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 looking to buy a 4 wheeler need some help please and thank you....... >

looking to buy a 4 wheeler need some help please and thank you.......

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

looking to buy a 4 wheeler need some help please and thank you.......

Old 03-19-2007, 05:13 AM

Default RE: looking to buy a 4 wheeler need some help please and thank you.......

If you live around Chattanooga, TN, try http://www.southernhonda.com/default.aspI bought mine there new and saved $1500 over my local honda dealer. Plus no sales tax as I live in SC.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: looking to buy a 4 wheeler need some help please and thank you.......

A grizzley 700 will pull a small2WD pickupout.. I vote grizzley 700.. Can't beat the towing power. I've seen a grizzley 660 haul 5 guys on the quad plus tow a mature roosevelt bull elk with 4 guys on it in 8 inches of snow without one tire slippin'..
Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 PM

Kawasaki Prairie 700, Suzuki King Quad 700, Yamaha Grizzly 660 or 700, Honda Foreman 475, Rubicon, or Rincon. Take your pick, they're all great machines.

The Prairie 700 is definately the sportiest of the utility quads if you're looking for more of a trail machine than a work machine. The honda Foreman 475 & Rincon are your best bet for heavy-duty work.

IRS machines don't carry heavy weights on the racks as well as solid axle machines. On the other hand, they offer a smoother ride.

The King Quad, Grizzlies, and Rincon all fall somewhere in between the Prairie and Foreman/Rubicon in terms of Sport and Utility applications.

If you don't need big bore power, there are smaller machines made that are also very nice. (i.e. Grizzly 450, King Quad 450, Eiger, etc.)
Old 03-21-2007, 03:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I got the new Suzuki King Quad 450 and find it is a great machine. I use it every day ice fishing and other than a set of chains for the rear wheels for the deep snow I haven't had to add anything. It has EFI and IRS with more power than I'll ever need and an very reasonable cost of 5999 new.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:54 PM

I've got an Artic cat........saying that, GET A HONDA!!!!!