Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands >

J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

Old 02-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

anyone use these stands yet? how do they rate compared to other stands like Tree Lounge?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

CamoCop we were almost neighbors.I just moved from the Ocala area, Actually it was Citra.I posted comments about the Gunslingers in the Treelounge topic. I've have two of the Gunslingers. First one I bought was in 03.I Love these stands.I wasn't sure about facing the tree. It turns out to work toyour advantage.You're not right on top of the tree.It gives you cover,a rest on the tree.The side rails help steady your rifle. Stand up turn around and the back of the seat has a rest.I've killed many deer from those stands. I know in the last two seasonsI've gotten 10.Probably around 15 since I got them.My wife just started hunting. I had her try the GS at home. It wasn't a time or two before she went up and down the tree like she's been doing it for years. Happily she shot two from it last season.I've used Treelounges since 1993. Now that I have the GS's I think I've used the Treelounge maybe twice.I always hated the turning aound on the TL.Now the JRH Combow I've never tried. I did sitin one at a hunting show. It was to small for me and my knees were hitting the front.I've been aroundthis site for quite awhile.Most know if I like something I let it be known.Same thing if I dislike something. I highly recommend a Gunslinger. Now that my wife is hunting I'll probably get another GS or two.One other thing. Unless they changed it JRH runs an off season special.It runs from Jan 1 to April 30th. Now's the time to get one.First time I saw a GS was in Georgia where we hunt.I asked allot of questions and it proved people were right .I personally think it's the best climber out there.
Good luck

Ruger Redhawk

http://www.jrhsport.com/
Old 02-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I have to go along with Ruger! I have 2 Old Style Tree Lounges and I am Considering the GunSlinger. Like Ruger, I also like the idea of not having to turn around to sit in it like the Tree Lounge, especially at my age now!Try to check them out at a Seminar somewhere. You're going to like it!!

Here are my 2 Old Style Tree Lounges that I have been using for 15 yrs.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ive always been a big TL fan. i still don't think ANY stand can beat the confort. i am looking for something easier and quieter to set up and back pack though. i found out abouth the GS from your post on the TL thread. i checked their site out and they look good. how are they as far as "steady" on the tree? have they slipped with you? are they easy to fold down and back pack? i'm a big guy aswell (6'3" and 300), so are they roomy?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: J.R.H. Industries-Gunslinger Tree Stands

[quote]ORIGINAL: CamoCop

Ive always been a big TL fan.
You're not the Only one!Like I mentioned, been using the TL for 15yrs, but now at my age and my old bones make it harder for me with the turning around.

i still don't think ANY stand can beat the comfort.
Me either! As far as being secured to the a tree, there's no other!
i am looking for something easier and quieter to set up and back pack though.
The only one besides the TL and GS that I would consider is the Summits.
how are they as far as "steady" on the tree?
Well, you still have the Folrum Affect, but they have blades and not as secured as the TL IMO.
have they slipped with you?
I tried to make it to the Orlando Show, but did not make it![:@]Maybe Ruger-Redhawk (Frank) has climbed in one, I don't know!
are they easy to fold down and back pack
IMO, not as easy as the TL.
I'm a big guy aswell (6'3" and 300), so are they roomy?
I'm 5' 9" & 240 an a Old Fart! I sat in one and it seemed alright, but hey, not like the TL.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

yup i love my tree lounge! the only thing i wish i could do is stand up (without buying the bow hunter platform and adding extra weight). even though it is comfy, it would be nice to stand on occaisions and stretch (to wake up).
Old 02-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was at one time a Treelounge fan,until that new model about killed me.Sliding down the tree 4 feet before recatching the tree.That really soured me on the TL's even though my original TLnever had the slightest slip.After using the TL my knees would bother me.I think sitting in that position for hours with my knees bent.My buddy said the same thing about his knees.The GS's I've never had either ever try to slip. I've been in some really nasty rain and they held the tree well.I'm 5'11" and about 275 pounds. To me there is plenty of room.I would suggest climbing in one making sure for yourself.Maybe it's just me but I think the GS's are easier to climb and a whole lot easier to come down on.AND no turning around. I hated that part.I agree the comfort of the TL is good. I think (there again my opinion) that the GS's are just as comfortable. I personally would rather stay out all day in a GS then my TL.I've never tried a Summits.Another thing I like about the GS's is how easy it is to stand and turn around.On a TL you're S.O.L. without the bow hunting adapter.I plan on keeping my TL but probably will never use it again.Save it for a rainy day.I know I would never send my wife up in a TL not after my experience.I asked allot of questions over at Woody's Taxidermy and almost everyone praised the Gunslinger's. 4 of us lease property in GA. All of us now have GS's and really like them.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

my only problem is there isn't anyone around here to my knowledge that carries the GS. so i have no way of trying one out first. same thing with my TL, i just took peoples word on it and ordered it off the internet directly from the factory. i guess i was lucky being how happy i still am with it. i was just wondering if i should take the same chance with a GS? due to my work schedule it is virtually impossible for me to go to a hunt'n seminar because i work alot of weekends and like i said...no one around here sells the GS's. all my friends and family hunt with the buckshots (which i was considering buying untill i heard about the GS).
Old 02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

About back packing them.The TL does have an advantage there. It telescopes. The GS to flaten out you do need to remove a couple of bolts and knobs on the foot section.Only takes a minute.Since I carry mine on a 4 wheeler I very seldom break it down. I ratchet strap it and pick it up as a unit putting in on a modified cargo basket I made.Like the TL it takes a little practice putting it on the tree.Once you get the hang of it, it's not hard.I think the GS are very steady on the tree.That's about all I know to tell you.Borrow one and try it.I'll bet you'll have one of your own soon.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I were still living down there I would gladly let you try it.I'll be back and forth another time or two but I'll be in and out.Do what I have to do and be back on the road.Hopefully you'll find someone with one so you can give it a whirl.

Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.