Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands >

J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

Old 02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: J.R.H. Industries-Gunslinger Tree Stands

can't you back pack it without breaking it completely down flat? most other stands you can, the part that angles off and holds the blades should just angle down and away from your back.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure you can with no problem.On the GS they have a couple of bolts that are a little longer. That's what the foot section hangs on. The Blades are facing up. If you keep the foot section assembled it will carry the same except be sticking out more on the bottom.The Bungee strap and strap that attaches to the foot section is used to tie it together. I carry a ratch it strap and snug it up.Another thing. On the GS there are no straps holding the foot section to the seat section. If it were to slip off your foot that could create a problem.I took some black seat belt material and made straps like the TL uses.Never had a problem ,I just wanted to elimate any problems before it did.JRH did a good job designing them. I wish I would have thought of it.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Chris, they make the 250lb & 350lb series. Iwould have to go with the 350!
Here are two ways it can be carried.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's something else GS recommend's,

Click on picture for 10 minute video on new
tree stand safety harness.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Dominant Buck

It has a securing strap for the climber, but I like RR like it attached to the Seat Frame.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, i buy the "heavy duty" models...lmao. i use to work for Warren & Sweat Mfg. (about 9 years ago) as a welder building climbing treestands for them. once we designed and built a proto type stand we would hang it and place weight on it until it buckled. once it buckled, we would divide the max weight in half and that would be the "max" weight limit we would put on the box. so if a stand said the weight limit was 250 pounds...we had 500 pounds on it before it started to fail. i dunno if the other treestand manufacturers do this or not. i still buy the HD models if they're offered. it's not a chance i'm willing to take to often.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

yeah, i buy the "heavy duty" models...lmao. i use to work for Warren & Sweat Mfg. (about 9 years ago) as a welder building climbing treestands for them. once we designed and built a proto type stand we would hang it and place weight on it until it buckled. once it buckled, we would divide the max weight in half and that would be the "max" weight limit we would put on the box. so if a stand said the weight limit was 250 pounds...we had 500 pounds on it before it started to fail. i dunno if the other treestand manufacturers do this or not. i still buy the HD models if they're offered. it's not a chance i'm willing to take to often.

The Old StyleTL can support 1,700 lbs hanging from it!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, it doesn't flex a bit with my 300 pound rear in it
Old 02-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I needed the heavy duty model myself.Even if I were under the 250# I would have bought the 350# model anyway.I want all the added strength I can get.Not worth taking chances when you're sitting up there with the birds.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

Camo
Im a big guy and i have used a lot of stands and couldnt find one that was comfirtable enough for all day till i bought the 350 gunslinger from
JRH i ve spent 12, 14 hours in a stand and not get cramped it is like sitting in your chair at home and light and easy to put in. i am going to the show in 3 weeks to get another one. hey get the gun holder too nice to have free spacein your lap for coffee

Quick Reply: J.R.H. Industires-Gunslinger Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.