Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Wolverine boots, what do you guys think about 'em? >

Wolverine boots, what do you guys think about 'em?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Wolverine boots, what do you guys think about 'em?

Old 02-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Wolverine boots, what do you guys think about 'em?

I'm just wondering b/c i gave away my pretty much new pair of POS Rockies to my bro-in-law and need some new waterproof comfortable boots with about 600-800grams insulation. local western/boot store is very reasonable and has a very nice looking pair in full realtree hardwoods that is 800gram, fully waterproof, and is covered in that canvas type material. I cant remember the name of the particular pair but they seem to be very nice and very light. I've been considering also Irish Setter big game trackers, and Danners. Until about 3 years ago I wore nothing but Wolverine boots and they always served me very very well. I just didnt know if they had went down in quality like many places have recently.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Default RE: Wolverine boots, what do you guys think about 'em?

After eight days without an answer, I may be the only guy on this site that has a pair of Wolverine boots!

To answer your question, I love mine.I havethe seven inch high models. I have waded shallow streams, stood in puddles, wear them in the snow and have never had a leak. They may be the most confortable pair of boots I have ever owned and I would not hesitate to buy another pair. They also wear like iron!

Although I wear them hunting, if I were to buy a pair just for hunting I would buy ones with a higher top to keep snow and water from coming in over the top when you step in the wrong place.

Truckeedan
Old 02-28-2007, 04:59 PM

well i know after trying on irish setters, although nice quality, they where very uncomfy in the ankles. right now i'm honestly almost sold on the Danner Kestrels, but I still am thinkin of the Wolverines abit, just not as much.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

I own a pair. Very comfortable, warm, have never gotten wet. Only com-plaint would be that they are heavy.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:05 PM

Irish Setter's Big Game Tracker II. Best boots I've ever had, hands down. The GORE-TEX is 100% waterproof top to bottom. I put the boots in my tub and filled it until the water got to the top of the boots; had the boots in there for an hour and the inside was 100% dry. And I think they're 1,500g Thinsulate, but whatever they are they're damn warm! Went hunting many times with em' last year in 0 degree weather with plain ole regurlar socks and my feet stayed extremely comfortable and warm. And they're camoflauged which is nice too.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wolverine boots are like purchasing tools. You can buy the household or commercial grade. I would go with the Irish Setters in a heart beat. I like the uninsulated Danner's for archery hunting/scoutingand the Irish Setters for the insulated boot. I purchased a pair of the Irish Setter Elk Trackers with 600 grams of insulation and kangaroo leather. Like bedroom slippers.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

Hard to go wrong with danner. Not sure about the kestrels though.