Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 what kind of 4 wheeler do you use? >

what kind of 4 wheeler do you use?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

what kind of 4 wheeler do you use?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:30 AM

Default RE: what kind of 4 wheeler do you use?

i got an 06 honda rancher 350 and love it no problems at all, we got it for 3,300 brand new, it was a great deal
Old 02-23-2007, 12:55 PM

We have some pretty tough, very steep terrain at our camp. We work our ATV's very hard to say the least. We use them for foodplots and pulling logs for firewood. So it has been a good test to see how they stand up against each other. What I have observed is that the Honda, Yamaha, Can Am, and Kawi have all performed very good. If I was looking for the best all around , I would probably go with Honda (even though I own a Yamaha and Kawi). One thing is for sure, I would not buy a Polaris. In our experience they have not held up well at all !
Old 03-23-2007, 07:53 PM

you guys may laugh but i have a 2005 yamaha bruin 250 but i'll tell you what for a small 4 wheeler it goes almost anywhere, it is lightweight and easy to load in my truck also being small can get through some tight areas in the woods it does what i need it to do but everyones needs are different so i guess its all about what your going to do with it

Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 PM

i gues you could always go with something like this bad boy

Old 03-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

After a Kawasaki,artic cat,Honda Rancher!Always in the woods,never
in the shop!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Our family has a Honda Rubicon and it has stood up to alot of stuff that we put it through. They make a bullet-proof engine, probably the reason we bought a Honda in the first place. Our friends have a Suzuki Eiger and they haven't had any problems either.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Another vote for honda here. I ride a 02 model Rancher with manual shift. I bought it 6 months old and it looked like it was sitting on the show room floor. Plus it had a 1500 lb superwinch on the front of it. I've put that bike through more crap and it just keeps on purring without any problems. All I have done to it is change the oil, wash the air filter, and adjust the brakes. I am considering getting after market tires. Not sure what to get though.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:18 PM

honda ora yamaha i have a 03 foreman 450 es i cleared a 2 acre building lotusing it as a skidderand use it to plow w/ it is a great machine but i have been looking at the yamy 700 w/ the power stearing as i am going to go to tracks instead of a snowmobile next year.honda and the rest are allgreat untill they break or you are stuck
Old 03-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

My 02 Suzuki Vinson 500 has served well. Never a problem. And it has towed by buddies Polaris out of the woods too. If I were looking for a new ATV today I would check out the King Quads from Suzuki and the Yamah Grizzlies too. The CanAm me be ok but I don't like having both front and rear brakes on one lever. Polaris rides nice but are heavy and hard to steer compared to my Zuki.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess I'm the first one with this one......

2005 Suzuki Eiger.

Quick Reply: what kind of 4 wheeler do you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.