Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Deerhunter’s EDGE Hunting Predictor >

Deerhunter’s EDGE Hunting Predictor

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Deerhunter’s EDGE Hunting Predictor

Old 02-10-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Deerhunter’s EDGE Hunting Predictor

Has anyone used the Deerhunter’s EDGE Hunting Predictor? How does it compare to The Moon Guide in accuracy?
Thanks,
BSLugnut
Old 02-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deerhunter’s EDGE Hunting Predictor

IF you believe in the moon guide it works perfectly. I do follow the moon guides and position ,not just moon phase. It will show you the position and phase, give you the "best" times to see activity based on those two things along with atmospheric pressure, If you believe that has an effect on deer movement, as I do you will be very happy with it.
Figure this into it also, If you purchase moon guides ,what every 2 years when the new ones come out then this thing at 100 buck will pay for itself in no time, It is good until the year 2099. That is not too hard to imagine as the moon cycles the same just at different times so the data has long been available just never been so easy to have at hand.

Like I said, if you buy the moon guides that are the round cardboard wheel type, and follow those, you'll love the hand held one. Just make sure you enter all your locality info in right and you'll see it works well. The book is pretty good about describing how to enter all your info. if not get someone with a GPS to give you all the info on your area, Altitude, lat ,and Long stuff.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a water filled glass hanging on the wall of my den that predicts deer movement as accurately as anything, it's basically a barometer. Barometric pressure has more to do with game movement than either moon phase or electronic doo dads ever will.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I have a water filled glass hanging on the wall of my den that predicts deer movement as accurately as anything, it's basically a barometer. Barometric pressure has more to do with game movement than either moon phase or electronic doo dads ever will.

That is exactly right.......Barometric Pressure
Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Barometric Pressure !!!

Sorry, thats what I meant, I said Atmospheric pressure but it actually measures and bases the movement on Barometric Pressure ,moon position and phase and temp.
You guys are right, there are plenty of other ways to determine and get all that info for free, just have to look up all the different items, This one just does it all for ya.