Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Chevy Avalanche

Old 01-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default Chevy Avalanche

Hey everyone,
I'm looking at getting a Chevrolet Avalanche in a few months. Does anyone have one, and if so, what do you think of it.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chevy Avalanche

Check out themarch issue offour wheeler magazine. They just reviewed it.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:04 PM

I have a 2004 1500 Avalanche Z71 and absolutely love it. The only problem I have with itis visibility when backing up. It is a mirror only operation. The lockable bedkeeps gear dry and secure and will easily hold two deer, a climber treestand, compound bow and gear duffle bag. As far as using it as a real truck, I am furniture builder and it will easily haul full sheets of plywood and up to 8' long boards. I was definitely going to get another one but I am not sure I like the new style. My Avalanche does not have the body armor, it has the chrome bumpers and nerf bars on the side. One other nice little feature is the lockable side compartments. They have weep holes and can serve as a cooler if you are into talegating.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think they are a good concept but just too ugly for me to buy (opinion only). everyone i personally know that owns one loves them though. i hunt in my 1984 CJ7 (which is extremely modified for offroad and rock crawling) or my 2002 GMC HD Sierra 4x4.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:25 PM

Go for the New Toyota Tundra- looks better, has more power, and will likely last longer.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like the looks either, just doesn't "LOOK" like a truck to me!!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost

Go for the New Toyota Tundra- looks better, has more power, and will likely last longer.
There you go. Chevys are nice trucks new, but you lose your ass in depreciation. Now if you go the used route, you are looking for dependability in which GM is known for lacking.

I have 2 2005's, a Tundra and a 4Runner, and neither has even hiccuped yet. Great vehicles IMO and pricing on new is comparable to the US trucks, but Toyotas are built to last as Toyota and Honda is about the best you can be rated.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Spike

I bought a new Z71 in 03.I'ts been the best hunting truck I've ever bought! Drove it to Wyo 3 times hunting. It is a very comfortable ride even if there is 4 (have to take the wifes every once in a while)Heck you can put a air mattres in the back with the seat down and take turn sleeping while on the long drives.Never had any problem off road,and I have put it through the tests!!!! Only thing I can say that sorta bad is ,with the on star you are never out of reach...I'll be buying a new one just as soon as they get more color choices in the 08 Z71.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost

Why would you buy an imported foreign truck?

Buy domestic American trucks, and imported foreign sedans/coupes.

By the way, the 2007 Ford F-150 is awesome!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why would you buy an imported foreign truck?
Imported?All the way from either Texas or Indiana where they are manufactured.On the other hand the Avalanche is made in Mexico as are some Dodge trucks.

I used to own an avalanche but recently bought a new 2007 Tundra doublecab.It is by far a better hunting vehicle.The cargo box is much larger and more useful than the short box on the avalanche.It is also easier to clean as blood would accumulate in the drainage grate right behind the midgate on the Avalanche.I had to pour bleach down the grate to kill the smell.The tundra also has much more power with similar fuel mileage and it is much better made as well.They also depreciate a lot less than the big three.

Quick Reply: Chevy Avalanche

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.