Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

BASS PRO IS A RIP OFF

Old 01-31-2007, 09:10 PM

Default RE: BASS PRO IS A RIP OFF

I like bass pro since its a 30-40 min drive from where i live, but i like cabelas more (never been to one).I always thought the prices were good at both of em though.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:23 PM

well, cabelas now is about 5 hrs from me and 6 hours to bass pro. i like cabelas a little more in referance to fishing and hunting but if you want to keep the lady happy then basspro is better because it is connected to the mills malls. you get equal oppertunity shopping. also cabelas has the bargain cave and used guns too. more to choose if you know what i mean.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:16 AM

I have found BPS to to high as well. As a matter of fact I usually go there to shop, and then go online and order the same merchandise for 20-40% less. It's all about convienence though. If you have to have it that day. You gotta go there.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

when i buy gear i never buy junk it always costs more in the long run...and if you think of it that way.... all the best gear is basically the same price every where you look..... you will rarely get deals on things that are the best performers in their given category...some say itspreference but its not there are standouts that perform above and beyond in every category.

i find that for fishing gear Bass Pro has way more selection in professional grade Reels (trust me their is a huge difference between a 100$ reel and a 185$ reel)/ Rods / lines / lures / boating equip.....and the "Bass Pro" brand gear is way nicer than Cabelas brand gear in my experience for fishing stuff anyway ...both Cabelas and Bass Pro are equally overpriced if you ask me....the hunting gear(especially clothes is overpriced everywhere you go)

when i go to a store like this i always know what i want, and feel i amat least5 timesmore knowledgeable than the average sales person(most of these people dont hunt or fish much at all so they dont know what really works)....so if they try to approach me i just tell them im not looking for anything specific and they leave me alone.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:58 AM

We just got one here in Macon, very cool place to look. They have a largeclearence area where the prices are realistic. Other than that they are a bit high. An example would be the used guns. They had a USEDMarlin 336, no scope, bases, or rings for $399.99. If I need something I look for it on line first.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:14 AM

Overhead. Like anything else, overhead, and they have it!

They pay big $ for mounts and record book animals. They do have beautiful stuff in there stores and neat to look at. I enjoy going and lookingand then go to pro shops, web, cabela's etc.for the goods.

I have noticed some of there Readheadself-brand items are junk. My son worked there awhile in Springfield and at any time he could get 40% off any Redhead brand item. Huge markup on that particularBPS brand.

But what a job of marketing! They made there place into a tourist item.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 PM

Hey, good post. Do you have any examples of prices you feel are a little too high and some comparative prices elsewhere? I know allot of thier stuff is high but you can't get it anywhere else. (or atleast it seems that way)
Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: bucksducksandtrucks

Hey, good post. Do you have any examples of prices you feel are a little too high and some comparative prices elsewhere? I know allot of thier stuff is high but you can't get it anywhere else. (or atleast it seems that way)
I just bought a blind for my new Big Buddy ladder stand from Cabelas. Bass Pro wanted $69.99 plus tax for it. I bought it from Cabelas for $59.00. Even with shipping I came out ten bucks to the good. It is a cool place to look at stuff though.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

bass pro told me they would match prices. the shipping fees are getting out of hand so i would have went with the better price with shipping.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: CDover

I felt Cableas was awful high everytime I go in there..Always felt BPS was fair...hmm maybe just me
I think it depends on what you buy. Some things are more at some of the stores, and some things are less.

I bought some RL-22 powder at Cabela's and was $26 / lb. Went to Sportsmans Wearhouse and was $18/lb. Cabelas matched and credited me the difference. I thought Sportsmans Wearhouse was cheaper, then noticed the exact same rifle was $50 more than Cabela's. Just depends what you buy.

You could always do what a guy does at my work, but shady. He buys something used on Fleabay, then buys same thing new anywhere, swaps it out and returns it knowing he has a new item. I would not do it, but he does trip me out the way his mind churns. FYI he is a substance abuse counselor.

Quick Reply: BASS PRO IS A RIP OFF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.