Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Headlamps?

Old 01-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Headlamps?

l.e.d. lights dont eat batteries. my new favorite one is the crank powered one at bass pro but ive seen the same one at walgreens 12$. one minute of cranking is one hour of light.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 PM

Bought a nightblazer at the walmart for about 5 bucks. it's got a regular bulb instead of an led bulb
Old 01-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Spike

Does anyone have any experience with this unit?

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=73431&hvarDept=100&a mp;hvarClassCode=11&hvarSubCode=2&hvarTarg et=browse&cmid=PP_P1_2&cmCat=CROSSSELL

Thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok for tieing fishing line, alerting others to your presence, walking with some light and such. I wouldn't use it for tracking or fding. My partner p/u a couple last year and this was my take. Also the on/off button is very easy to switch by accident. I found that out last summer when I went to use when we were doing some night walleye trolling and the battery was dead.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

I recently bought the 5 led model. I wasn't impressed with the overall ruggedness of the light but it's light and works well. I used it camping the other weekend and it worked very well and it is increadibly convenient on the visor/brim. I will use it as my primary light due to its weight and keep a mini-mag as backup. I agree with the comment on the on/off switch. It can be turned on easily. You can't keep this in a pack, it has to be in a pocket or on the visor.

Spud
Old 02-01-2007, 08:34 PM

I really like my Primus headlamp. It has both LED lights and Xenon lights.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive tried a few. some of them dont throw light all that well or enough. the petzyl was the first one i got about 2 years ago and was o.k.. the streamlight with the green light headlamp is better. it has 3 modes to it and directs the light better. http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults
Old 02-03-2007, 01:35 AM

My Petzl is built really nice and puts out enough light.

Voted 2006 Field and Stream's Best of the Best! The TacTikka XP features a single high-output 1-watt LED that offers three lighting levels (Maximum, Optimum and Economy) along with Boost mode, a wide-angle lens diffuser and an emergency blinker. Includes Red, Green and Blue filters. Boost mode increases visibility up to 164 ft. for a maximum of 20 seconds. Adjustable elastic headband. Tiltable lamp body. Up to 120 hours of run time. Runs on three AAA batteries (included). [/align]
Old 02-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

I would guess in ten years headlamps will be 100%LED. One of the draw backs of the olderLED was light output, but with the newer highoutput bulbs, like the 3 Watt, that has changed.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:46 AM

petzl tikka plus!

Quick Reply: Headlamps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.