Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

SCENT-LOK- A big fraud?

Old 12-19-2006, 07:41 PM

Default RE: SCENT-LOK- A big fraud?

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

ORIGINAL: Duckbutter48

It has to work, the commercials say it does.
Yep and the world ended 6 years ago as well.
yep my computer blew up on y2k... im still pissed about that
Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 PM

Are you saying all scent stopping clothes are frauds, or just the brand Scent-Lok?
Old 12-23-2006, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I'm curious if the ones bashing the product have actually used it? I along with the members of my club use it and swear by it. Now I don't buy the slogan "forget the wind, just hunt" because that is absurd. But using Scent-lok in combination with scent spray, soap and the wind will give you an advantage.The best example I have used, is that after a night of beer and venison chili I have sat in my stand and let go a few"good ones" and have never smelled them That alone made me a believer!And while on the topic of Scent Spray, I found that Dead Down Wind to be the best I have ever used.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:12 PM

I would have to agree with Avalanche try it an then talk about it ,It is not a fix all just part of the puzzle to help control scent.I also thought it was a fraud until trying it along with Dead Down Wind as a combination working together,I have had more deer closer even down wind since using Scent-Loc and Scent blocker.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

From the plant, in transite, in the store and in your home it is absorbing odors. So the time you getto use itmore than likely it is already saturated with odors.How canone"reativate" it when the science says it takes over 1400 degrees F. and your dryer is less than 200 degrees?........ It doesn't add up.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: losthwy

From the plant, in transite, in the store and in your home it is absorbing odors. So the time you getto use itmore than likely it is already saturated with odors.How canone"reativate" it when the science says it takes over 1400 degrees F. and your dryer is less than 200 degrees?........ It doesn't add up.
1400 now. Changes all the time. Some science. Lots of things don't add up on the surface.Just out of curiosity which do you prefer?

Saw some of T.R.'s reccomended stuff the other day. I thought scent lok was expensive.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:01 PM

I think it is b.s. as well. I wear both carbon & non carbon clothing, and I see the same amount of animals on average without the carbon as with the carbon.

Want Scent-Lok. Keep the wind in your face.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:54 AM

I, like TX hog hunter have hunted with and without scent-eliminating, carbon basedclothing and notice no difference. I do practice good scent control, by washing clothing in scent-eliminating detergent, washing self, using scent eliminating spray and do my best to avoid collecting scent both ways. In my opinion, it is just another waste of money, overly hyped by people wanting to make $$$$$.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fraud! As are many other things that "we can't live without!"
It's a wonder the world population didn't starve to death before all the miracle products were invented!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:56 PM

IT WORKS DAMNIT!!!It better for the price i paid

Quick Reply: SCENT-LOK- A big fraud?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.