Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Anybody hunt in wool camo?

Old 11-15-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Anybody hunt in wool camo?

Looking into a set to hunt in this year. The two I have checked out so far is the Browning and Columbia brands. Only thing I dislike is they both seem alittle thin for wool clothing. Anything else out there?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Anybody hunt in wool camo?

I currently use the Weatherby wool (www. weatherby.com). They come in two different weights (14 oz and 28 oz). I have both the midweight and heavy weight woolens. Both are well made and quiet. There are many generous sized pockets on both the jackets and pants. If there is precip coming, I have found that when the wool gets wet, it gets heavy. Even if the wool gets wet, it still insulates. So, I simply use a Cabela's silent suede shell/bibs to prevent the wool from moisture. Ifound this brand on saleat Reed's sporting goods (Minnesota), Sportsman's warehouseand Scheel's after the season for quite a discount.I would l not hesitate to buy these again.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:47 PM

You can't beat wool for warmth. There is a lot of brands out there to choose from, but usually wool can be kinda spendy. I wouldn't waste money on camo wool when you can get thesame quaility innon-camo, especially if you are rifle hunting.

Check out your Army-Navy stores for wool. You can pick up a niceSwedish Army coat and pants for under $100
Old 11-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I love my predator wool camo. In fact after 9 years my pants are getting worn out and will be ordering a new pair.

http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/pages.php?pageid=8

Great quailty stuff here.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check Beagle Wear... love mine.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the replys. Checking them out now.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM

My wife just bought me one of those brown camo columbia brand wool coats. You can get matching bibs with it. I got a deal on it for $70, but let me tell you this sucker is quiet and warm. I may never need a jacket this warm, and I live in colorado. Wool is a good choice, it holds 80% heat even when it is wet.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:55 PM

Like Bigwapitijohnny I use and really like the weatherby wool. Warm, comfortable, water resistant and quiet.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I use Filsons camo wool... Very warm.. very expensive.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:39 PM

I bought a "windshear" wool camo sweater from Cabelas, it rocks, great for bowhunting.

Quick Reply: Anybody hunt in wool camo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.