Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

First ATV

Old 11-01-2006, 12:32 PM

Default RE: First ATV

So davidmil, did you buy that Can-Am/bombardier atv yet?
Old 11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MikeVT I had a yamaha 250 4X4 (Timberwolf)for years. Great machine, very few problems. It is small enough so you can take it off the beaten path to get your game out, but has plenty of power. Bought it new in 1997 for about $4000.
Timberwolf 250! Great machines! Right in therewith the Kawasaki Bayous(of all cc's) and Honda Fourtrax 300s. In my opinion those three are the most dependable, bullet-proof machines ever produced to date considering there long production runs and service records. You can't pry Fourtrax from some guys even after they have them for years! Thosesmaller machines can really go places - some places where bigger machines can't get into.

Cause they're small, light and nimble. But not too small to get in and back out.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

What no Pole-Cat, err Polaris fans?
Ohhh.... they couldn't get here, they are walking back to camp, or on the phone to a mechanic!
Honda!!!!!
Might not be the prettiest, biggest or strongest, but it'll do the job EVERY time!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:59 AM

I just got my first ATV 2 weeks ago. It is a Yamaha Grizzly 450. I love it. Auto, Ind. suspension, diff. lock, high and low gears, digital display, etc. etc. Also got the Warn winch. Great ride and all the powerI need. 5800 out the door....

KB
Old 11-02-2006, 07:10 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Kentster911

I just got my first ATV 2 weeks ago. It is a Yamaha Grizzly 450. I love it. Auto, Ind. suspension, diff. lock, high and low gears, digital display, etc. etc. Also got the Warn winch. Great ride and all the powerI need. 5800 out the door....

KB
Nice ATV. That is one of the two I am down to at the moment. I need to look at the new Suzuki King Quad 450 too. Pretty much the same machine except it has EFI and is slightly larger in size.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:41 AM

All of my research led me to the Yammy. Not bashing any brand(s) but I do alot of research when buying big ticket items and for the money and what I needed this Grizzly was the best of both worlds. Good luck in your endeavors.

KB
Old 11-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

My research lead me the same way too.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Dominant Buck

God I'm glad I posted this thread. I got you guys doing all the research for me. Maybe when you get it done Champlain you can make a deal for 2 with delivery of one to upstate New York.[8D]
Old 11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know how good it is, but right now there's a show coming on the tube called "ATV Magazine". I figure if I watch about a month of this I may learn something.[8D]
Old 11-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

God I'm glad I posted this thread. I got you guys doing all the research for me. Maybe when you get it done Champlain you can make a deal for 2 with delivery of one to upstate New York.[8D]
Sounds Ok with me. Do you want me to pay for it too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.