Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Good climbing stand for bow & rifle hunting >

Good climbing stand for bow & rifle hunting

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Good climbing stand for bow & rifle hunting

Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 PM

Default Good climbing stand for bow & rifle hunting

I have never used or owned a climber before, but now think that it would be great to have one. What brands and models would other suggest/recommend as good for bowhunting and rifle hunting? A vast majority of use would be during bow season, so I would lean toward having one be better for bow sue than rifle if absolute. I know that this question has probably been asked a number of times before, but I would truly appreciate suggestions in order to help me pick a good one.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:17 AM

Default RE: Good climbing stand for bow & rifle hunting

Bump for at least one response?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

You can do a search or there is a thread in the bowhunting review forum on the Wolverine by Gorilla in Walmart. Or look into Summit, Lone Wolf, Gorilla, etc. They are all good, just how much you want to spend.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:56 AM

i just bought the wolverine by gorilla at walmart for 70.00. they were 90.00 but they reduced them to 70. i haven't tried it in a tree yet but i like the way it is built and the full body safety harness that comes with it is worth the price of the stand.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:53 AM

in walmart again today and the price is now down to 50.00. they refunded me another 20.00.50 bucks for this stand can't be beat.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

I think you would be happy with a Lone Wolf Sit-n-Climb! There lightweight, compact 2 1/2 -3 inches thick when packed for taking out to the woods, absolutely 100% quiet, sturdy and very snug in the tree. Also easy andquiet to set-up & take down in the dark. Comfortable too!
The down side is they can be a little $$$.Try look for good deals or go on ebay. Check out there website www.lonewolfstands.com
In reply to Red Lion
Old 10-30-2006, 07:49 AM

Thanks for the direction all. I am really serious about getting a very good climber that will work for bow and rifle hunting. That Lone Wolf looks really nice.I will do some serious looking around. Thanks again.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:50 PM

My recommendation is the Summit backpacker series. They fold down very compact, are very quiet, and you can sit in it all day long.

Regards,

BWjohnny
Old 11-15-2006, 11:30 AM
GHD

I have a API climber deer stand it is great. I love bow hunting out of it. A nother great deer stand is the strongbuilt comanchee cable climber deer stand. It is vere light you can buy these at bass pro shops.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:40 AM
GHD

I have an API climber deer stand i love to bow hunt out of it it is a great deer stand. A nother great deer stand is the strongbuilt comanchee cable climber deer stand. The are vere light. You can buy these at bass pro shops.

Quick Reply: Good climbing stand for bow & rifle hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.