Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

The can

Old 10-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default The can

Last Saturday I was gun hunting in our WMA and had 3 deer come out of a feed bottom and head toward a old clear cut thicket probably to lay up. Couldn't get a shot at this time. I turned the medium can over one time and a small 4 pt. came back to investigate. He got 270'ed out. This is the first time I have even tryed the can and this particular time it worked.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The can

i have used the can many of times with out reward. but when ever you watch those hunting shows they call one up every time. but i will still be using it untill i get one. and congrats
Old 11-04-2006, 09:18 AM

a friend of mine believs in his. He has called up several deer with his. There has to be a deer in the area before it will work, plus that is imitating a doe at the peak of estrus (if I'm not mistaken) and will work better during the pre through post rut. I have not purchased one yet but, I will be soon.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

I've used it a number of times and had mixed results. The first buck I shot with it came sneaking in. The second on came busting thru the brush and about landed 25 yds from my ground blind. He came in like "I'm gonna get me some"! I've had does come into it in early bow season. It has been an iffy kind of call. I still carry and use it. If you see a buck and use it with no response try this. Carry some plain doe pee in a spray bottle and if the buck is down wind at all spray some in the air. I have had some luck useing that technique.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

i tried mine at a spike about 40 yards away a day ago. as soon as he heard it he ran away as fast as he could. i wasnt gonna shoot but i like to see what a call does. i pull it out every year. then it goes back in the cabinet
Old 11-05-2006, 06:29 PM

What is "The can" - got a link?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:39 PM

I try it acouple timesevery year. It has worked for me twice. 1st time I actually had 2 does come over to investigate and ended up bedding down right under my stand. The second time I gave it a couple turns and all of a sudden 4 does come hauling butt out of the woods being pushed by 2 bucks. The bucks were really working over the does and after getting kicked in the face one too many times realized the estrus call must not have come from these gals. The bucks slowly walked off, luckly right by my stand, and only one of them made it back into the woods.
http://www.primos.com/product_info.php?products_id=179
Old 11-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: fishpick

What is "The can" - got a link?

Rating:

(4.24 out of 5, from 34 reviews)

THE Original CAN®

$11.99

Estrus™ Bleats tell bucks that a doe is ready to breed. Whitetail, Blacktail, and Mule Deer can all respond quickly and dramatically to the "quivering" doe Estrus™ Bleat produced by "THE Original CAN®". This is, by far, the best call we know of to call in bucks during the pre-rut, rut, and post-rut. Perfect for Whitetail, Blacktail and Mule Deer.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Tried one for two years straight , it never called in or turned a single deer . I gave it away .
Old 11-07-2006, 08:08 PM

I have had one of these for years - never did anything special - didn't realize it was called "The Can". I think when I got mine - I got a free t-shirt with it... the shirt works every time... for wearing, not bringing in the deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.