Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lone Wolf Stands?

Old 12-03-2002, 08:03 PM

Default RE: Lone Wolf Stands?

Diddo Cougar Mag

-------------------------------------

http://www.kingsoutdoorcanada.com/cb...s/dirtydox.jpg
Old 12-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lone Wolf Stands?

After viewing Lone Wolf's website I decided I would order their catalog to look at their fixed position stands. I'm really impressed with the looks and simplicity of the Alpha Hang On. I like the light weight, the attachment system and the built in bowholder.

I'm assuming that Hunker Hunter was right afterall about the weight limit being 350 lbs. In their catalog they list the weight limits at 350 but on their website they say 300. I guess they need to update that!

I wish I knew someone close to me that had the Alpha Sit and Climb because I would really like to give that stand a test drive! The sit and climb model looks as if it would be more comfortable than the the hand climber model that I tried out earlier.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Spike

Default Lone wolf opinion

All in all an excellent tree stand. I have no complaints about anything about the stand except the lever cams that secure the belt to the tree. I have the older version without the rope assist's and I can turthfully say that at 56 years old I no longer have the hand strength to open and close the cams without using a boxend wrench!! Do you think that the new cams with the rope assist will make that big of a difference?
Old 08-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

I have had one for seven years and i will never give it up
Old 08-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

I love my lonewolf and feel very safe in it. It is super quiet and has never failed me. It isn't the most comfortable stand out there, but it is the climber I grab when I'm looking to climb a tree. In my opinion though they are beginning to get a little greedy with their pricing.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Sit & Climb for about 1 week. I sold it after about 3 hunting trips. IMO after using my Summit Climber for several years, the Lone Wolf is not even in the same class. It is light, I'll give them that, but it has to be one of the most uncomfortable stands that I have ever used. It is DEFINITELY not worth the price. It was very hard for me to sit in for more than 2 hours. The Summit climbers are a little heavier, but way out class the Lone Wolf in comfort and are just as quiet to hang and climb with. I have no problem sitting in them all day.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Spike

I purchased a Summit treestand three years ago as my first climber and immediately returned it: I could not imagine lugging that bulky stand through the woods. I then purchased a Lone Wolf Alpha: while I loved the compactness and light weight of the Alpha (and also liked the built in bow-holder), I found it much too difficult for climbing and extremely uncomfortable for sitting.

The following year I purchased the Sit 'N Climb seat portion to go with the the Alpha platform I already had (an additional $140). I have been very well-pleased with the Sit 'N Climb stand: it folds into a compact package, is still lighter than most other stands, climbs easily, is very solid when attached to the tree (the two straps that secure the seat assembly to the platform when set up in a tree help make the stand very solid), and is sufficiently comfortable for the 3-4 hour sessions that I hunt. I only wish that I had spent the additional $40 initially to get the Sit 'N Climb.

That being said, I can certainly see reasons to prefer the Summits: either because of the exhorbitant price increases for the Lone Wolf stands in the last year or because of a premium on comfort. The Summit was a very good stand, but I have found the Lone Wolf to be much better for my needs: I am glad that I have it and have no plans to change.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

The origanal owner of Lone Wolf treestand company is a good friend of mine. I helped him with proto-typing and new stand testing.
Anywho, I have been using L/W stands for over 20 years... I put together a youtube video showing how I set the stand up close to bedded bucks fast and quietly. The video passed my time limit with youtube so its two parts, but its worth watching.
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJEyFDBV7X4
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gBOa-681Hk
Old 12-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sitter
I have a hang on model. Its light and quiet. If you pack your stand in and out of the woods every hunt you will love it.
+1, I'll add, easiest stand for me to put up that I've ever tried.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Summits have it on the Lone Wolf with comfort but that's where the Summit advantage ends. The LW is quieter, easier to climb with, and packing is an absolute dream. I have two Summits and I'd trade both of them for a LW.

Blessings......Pastorjim

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Stands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.