Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Remington Polyethylene Feeder. . . BAD! >

Remington Polyethylene Feeder. . . BAD!

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Remington Polyethylene Feeder. . . BAD!

Old 10-13-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Remington Polyethylene Feeder. . . BAD!

I recently purchased the big green plastic feeder produced by Remington. . . . stay away from this, nevermind the low cost. I've never seen a feeder this poorly designed, even my own drunken designs have functioned better than this. I've had it out for a month and a half. I check it every three days, and every SINGLE time I've checked it, the spout has been stopped up by clean corn. No stalks, sticks, or other garbage. The old adage "You get what you pay for" certainly applies here!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remington Polyethylene Feeder. . . BAD!

johnarahill, you might try checking the clearance between the spinner and the emptying funnel. My friend had another brand that was doing the same thing. He thought the clearance wasn't enough, so to fix it, instead of lowering the motor/spinner or taking the funnel out and trying to raise it(the feeder was full of corn), we took a sharp knife and cut a small v-notch in the funnel to allow more corn to fall out and not get stopped by the spinner. If you cut to much and think it is putting out to much corn, just cover some of the notch with duct tape.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:48 AM

Default RE: Remington Polyethylene Feeder. . . BAD!

Use Spintech Systems....i used to have the same problem we have 25+ feeders and ever since we changed them all to this innovative system our problems were solved.

got to

www.spintechfeeders.com