Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 what do you hate about all the new camo out there? >

what do you hate about all the new camo out there?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

what do you hate about all the new camo out there?

Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what do you hate about all the new camo out there?

I use 100% Predator Camo. To me, it's the best stuff to virtually eliminate your outline.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

The fact its made in China,Indonesia,Vietnam,India,Pakastan etc.....
I willing tothrough close to $500.00 bucks down on suitable camo gear for my 3 kids...
But Idon't throw money in the air and walking away either...
When are the companies going to learn that some people are willing to spend more money on gear that is made in North America and Europe than these countries mentioned....
Call me what you want but the first thing I check before purchasing anything is Where Its Made Made.....
Right there it tells me how well its made and the quality it has in it......
I rather take that money buy a Serger and Sewing machine (so long as its not manufactured in any of these countries I mentioned above...[:'(])
and make the things myself,rather than get some poor 10 yr old
boy or girl who works 12 hours a day 6 days a week for grand total of .50 cents a day do sewing for me.......Not to mention the stiching on the and quality fabric.....
If they Cheese out on labour Guaranteed the Cheese out on Textiled Fabric and Wool and leather too.
If they want to get money from me it better be made from quality a buy a person that who knows all about and appreciates quality......

Old 09-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Worst than any pattern used, is the UV enhancing dyes used on camo clothing.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:15 PM

My vote is God's Country Camouflage or Skyline. ASAT and Predator are awesome but you get the same qualities (as far as breaking up the human form) with Skyline and GCC and good lookingpatterns at the same time.

Asfar as the UV comment.As hunters we need to just remember not to wash our clothes in normal detergents with brighteners and we can fix the UV thing.

hakurt
Old 10-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

The price
Old 10-15-2006, 07:48 AM

I like the Predator Camo... it works well whether I am in a tree or on the ground. I have tried all the other stuff and have had the best results with the predator camo. I also here that allot of guys like the ASAT camo.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:32 PM

its all hog wash. the only difference between camos is what appeals to the hunters eyes. movement is the key. remember before the big camo trend got started plenty of deer were killed with guys wearing the plain old army camo or red flannel pattern.

And what i hate most about all the new camo is that when a pattern comes out that i like if i want to buy it none of my outfits will match unless i buy all the accessories in the same pattern.

Face it no one wants a mossy-oak jacket, real tree pants and nat-gear hat and gloves, you know how stupid you would look all by yourself sitting 25 feet up in a tree in the middle of the woods. LOL.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:18 AM

its all overpriced and worthless. Military BDUs. They worked in Afgan and they work in the woods.

its all hog wash. the only difference between camos is what appeals to the hunters eyes. movement is the key. remember before the big camo trend got started plenty of deer were killed with guys wearing the plain old army camo or red flannel pattern.
Now there is someone with some sense. I've preached this for years only to get "flammed" for it. Don't for get to buy you a mossy oak camo cell phone holder, the steering wheel cover, the seat covers, the underwear, the socks and the mossy oak shampoo....it makes you invisiable
Old 10-23-2006, 07:29 PM

nice find i like that article
Old 10-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have hunted deer for four years. In years 1, 2, and 3 I harvested one deer in each season. I wore camo in those years. Last year I harvested two deer and did not wear camo but in green dockers for pants and a red plaid wool shirt. Not statistically relevant, granted. What did people used to wear when they deer hunted in the old days? Is camoflage a dominant factor in hunting success or are other factors more important? I hunt soley from ground blinds and take trouble to select a position with clutter screening my feet and lower body from the view of approaching deer, a position that is in shadow, and preferably a position that has clutter screening my upper body and face while leaving a good shooting lane. I make a point of being still while hunting and moving slowly when I move. I wear a face net over my face. I make a point of locating so the wind is favorable to my position relative to the expected approach of the deer. Under these circumstances how much additional cloaking value would have been provided by camoflage?

I think we need to be on the look-out for deer hunting gizmos whose main reason for existing is to line the pockets of the sporting goods marketeers and provide only marginal benefits to hunters. Use your head folks.

Quick Reply: what do you hate about all the new camo out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.