Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad >

Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Old 09-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Maybe the hydrostatic transmission is an exception then. I have no experience with them.
Hydrostatic transmissions are most commonly used in industrial and agricultural applications where conditions can be harsh andreliability is extremely important.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:02 PM
XTP

If you want Honda reliability, go with the Foreman 500 ES. The Rubi's tranny is great when it works but has had it's share of problems. Several guys in our group have had problems with them. Suzuki de-tunes their bikes so I would not buy one until that changes. The Griz is probably the best quad on the market dollar for dollar with the Brute Force running a very close second. The Brute offers far more power though. Can-Am's 800's are plagued by heat issues and cost mucho $$$$$.

By the way I ride a Honda 350 and love the reliability of it.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

We run our rubicons hard and unless you don't change your oil when you should,the transmissions have been totally reliable.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:56 PM
XTP

sj..please don't misunderstand me..I BLEED HONDA RED, just saying though that the tranny has had a few problems (and not related to lack of maintenance) and thats all...I LOVE the rubicons. To answer the original question... HONDA RUBICON over the Suzi hands down.If Honda would just put out a big-bore V twin, IRS with a front diff lock I would buy it. The Rincon is a great trail bike but the 3 speed trans just isnt up to the mud bogs we do so looks like Kawi may be next on the list..
Old 09-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only seriousproblem that I am aware of was the oil pressure valve on the 2001 models.The valves were sticking due to improper assembly causing low oil pressure whichdestroyed a few engines and transmissions.The problem was discovered very early and rectified.There were also a few faulty sensors,again on the very first machines.Three of us have the 2002 model and have had exactly zero problems.Several other people that I know have newer models,again with no transmission issues.All of us have larger more aggressive tires mounted and ride in muskeg and other difficult terrain.We just haven't had any reliability issues,transmission or otherwise.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

you can allways count on honda!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:13 PM

Well, I've been off the forum for awhile and was very suprised to see all of the responses.(thanks) As far a my decision, an 07' camo rubicon with 27' mudlites. Without a doubt I believe I made the right choice. All I do is duck and deer hunt in the swamps and rice fields of Louisiana and Arkansas, and the Rubicon seems to be alot more suited for this type of riding. As far as the bike, I cannot say enough good things about it.The transmission is as smooth as a Lexus with more power than I believe I will ever need. The jury is still out on the longterm dependability but what can you say, it's a Honda. Thanks again for all the responses.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good choice and congrats mallard.BTW I like theNat Gear Rubi. My partner is selling camoclad up here and we just did his chev ext cab in Nat Gear. It looks pretty sharp actuallyand an excellent advertisement so far. I am not a camo junkie, BTW.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:48 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the power steeringg on the king quad???
Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

I like both of the machines both reliable and pretty much bullet proof the QK is a rocket out of the hole will run about 70 mph. not so with the honda but with the honda you don't have to clean the airfilter everytime you ride it. The QK requires this so the motor dosen't blow up. This is the outcome that happened to my uncle who owns a QK and after a trip to the shop was told that QK requires a air filter clean before each ride or engine problems will occur. Other than that it is a machiune to be delt with.

Quick Reply: Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.