Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Gorilla Greyback Deluxe Hunter Climber >

Gorilla Greyback Deluxe Hunter Climber

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Gorilla Greyback Deluxe Hunter Climber

Old 07-31-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Gorilla Greyback Deluxe Hunter Climber

Anyone used one of these before?

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=277892

I'm thinking about buying one as a back-up to my Summit since they are priced half off. Might be last year's model, but oh well, still works.

Let me know what you think.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: Gorilla Greyback Deluxe Hunter Climber

I got a greyback last year. I haven't had a lot of experience with climbers, but it seems like a quality product and I'm happy with it so far.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:47 PM

just had 2 deleverd to my place cause my friend couldnt have them sent to his house (WIFE)OPEN one and tried it very sweet for the price
Old 08-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just ordered one, it looks like a great stand! Thanks for the link!!!!!!!!! They have the same stand at Gander for 249$, I got mine for $139!!!! Cheers!
Old 08-13-2006, 03:46 PM

I have 2 of these stands. they are the best climber i have ever used other than an ol' man. and rumor has it that gorilla has bought the patten for ol'man. if this is true or not i don't know. all i know is that they are very similar. set up is a piece of cake. there is a square guide on the cables so you don't have to worry about your loop spinning when you try and place the pin in. first i bought the plain gorilla and had to exchange it for the magnum. the extra 3 inches in the seat section makes a huge difference. the only downfall to this stand is the bar you sit on while climbingis a little far from the tree making not hard but just notsuper comfortable going up and down.it is super secure on the tree, i have never hadmine slip at all .the mesh seat is very comfortable, i don't have the deluxe pad but i am sure it makes it even better. i would rate this climber a 4.5 out of 5.