HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Which Binocs? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/143214-binocs.html)

MILLERTIME10 05-23-2006 07:34 AM

Which Binocs?

If you could have any binoc, regardless of the price, which make and model would it be?

I would have to put my money down on a pair of 10x42 Swarovski EL's. I just know of any glass out there that is better. The Leica Geovid would be a close 2nd because of the built in rangefinder.

PABowhntr 05-23-2006 12:02 PM

RE: Which Binocs?

I already own a pair of the Nikon LX 8x42s and I did not even have to pay full price. :) I wouldn't mind a pair of the Swarovski ELs but I think I would opt for the 8.5x or even the 8x32s. The Zeiss FL 8x32 or 8x42s would be nice as well.

Robertesq1 05-24-2006 06:20 AM

Leica BRF Rangefinding Binos are two neccesities in one ....top glass and the best rangefinder in one compact waterproof indestructable package.

r33h 05-24-2006 07:53 AM

I have Nikons and absolutely love them! Very bright and sharp picture.

hardcorehunter 05-25-2006 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Robertesq1

Leica BRF Rangefinding Binos are two neccesities in one ....top glass and the best rangefinder in one compact waterproof indestructable package.
Yes if money is no problem these sound great. I personally have Burris Binocs and am happy.

Robertesq1 05-26-2006 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Robertesq1

Yes if money is no problem these sound great. I personally have Burris Binocs and am happy.
Yes, I should have prefaced that statement. They are not cheap, I bought them for a hunting trip of a lifetime and they were indespensible in that the two kills I made were at 265 and 175 yards, distances which I am not accostomed to here in the NE. The binoculars were the envy of the guides (who used them as much if not more than I) and were the single most used piece of equipment I brought.

My reccommendation was not made lightly.

Matthew V. (An outdoorsman) 05-27-2006 02:26 PM

I would go with the Swarovski EL 8X42's or Leica Ultravids.

North Texan 05-29-2006 08:49 PM

I'd have to stick with my Swarovski 10x42 SLC's.:)

kshunter 05-30-2006 09:46 AM

Swarovski EL or Leica Ultravids are the best IMO. But that is only is Price is not an issue.

okcmco 06-03-2006 12:17 AM

For roof prisms, I would probably go for the Leica geovids with the integrated range finder (1750) but the Zeiss victory II FL;s are pretty great. And it is gard to beat the Swaro EL's. I think the Swaros are about the best I have looked through except maybe the Nikon Premier LXL. I guess it would depend on eye relief as I wear spectacles.
For Porro prisms, I would choose the Zeiss Jena nobilem super 8x50B'ga. Heavey but incredible binos. And they have that certain 3d quality that inly porro prism binos have