Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Equalizer Tree Stands

Old 06-08-2009, 01:41 PM

Default RE: Equalizer Tree Stands

Thanks much vadeerkiller. Can't really find much bad about 'em on the net. So I guess I'll take the plunge.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:40 PM

I bought one last year. It is very quiet and easy to set up. Also very sturdy and will not slide. The only draw back is that the movable seat is not all that comfortable. I would buy the the optional seat if you plan on all day hunting from it. The movable seat is ok for about 3-4 hours. I am extremely scared of heights and i feel safe in this stand. The straps that secure the top to the bottom once cinched tight will not allow stand to move. If i were to get a second climbing stand i would definetly get another one. Hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Spike

Default Equalizer stand

This stand is the best i have had it 2 seasons now and i love it comfort and quite also i see everyone saying the sling seat has to be taken half off to backpack the stand this is not true you just have to practice putting the to pieces together and it will work great while leaving the sling seat as is
Old 08-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HLTJR
I bought one last year. It is very quiet and easy to set up. Also very sturdy and will not slide. The only draw back is that the movable seat is not all that comfortable. I would buy the the optional seat if you plan on all day hunting from it. The movable seat is ok for about 3-4 hours. I am extremely scared of heights and i feel safe in this stand. The straps that secure the top to the bottom once cinched tight will not allow stand to move. If i were to get a second climbing stand i would definetly get another one. Hope this helps.
interesting, i've never had to or felt like i had to use "cinch" or "ratchet" straps on my Summit. matter of fact my Summit has never so much as slipped or failed to bite into a tree. even with standing up or moving around, my Summit has never lost it's grip on the tree. i guess Equilizer believes in the "safer than sorry" theory.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Spike

Default stand seat

Has anyone tried to use the summit surround seat with the equalizer stand yet i want to try it but dont want to buy if it wont work i do see that someone tried the regular sling seat from summit and it worked so let me know
Old 08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have hunted out of one of these the last 3 years and love it.It adjusts like it says and you can get it perfect on the tree.I think I could sit in it all day,I got the sling seat with mine but think the straight seat would be better to bow hunt with.I think mine weighed 17 lbs,it is easy to carry in and out of the woods.I am small framed weigh 160 lbs and the one I got is a little tight for me so if I was going to get another one it would be the bigger size.
Years ago Loc-on limb came out with one that you could adjust going up and down the tree and it is a great stand but think I like this one a lot better.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the summit seat for my equalizer but still prefer the hard seat as I face the tree when gun hunting.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Spike

Well to answer my own question i bought the summit surround seat and it works just great and is better than the sling seat for my Equalizer stand
Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Camo cop,

To answer your question about the cinch strap. When you use it the bottom and top are locked together rock solid. On your summit if you lift up your foot platform it could slide down the tree or if you have ever worn bulky clothes and you are wedged into your sling seat, when you stand up your top platform comes with you. I had a summit and everything else and they have all done it. I think most recommend attaching a rope between top and bottom platforms in case bottom falls. Don't have this problem with the equalizer. My 2 cents worth.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Spike

Man I wish i would have seen tis before i bought summit viper. Man that stand looks sweet!!

Quick Reply: Equalizer Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.