Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

On Time Feeders

Old 04-29-2006, 04:19 PM

Default On Time Feeders

Just a simple suggestion to my fellow hunters. If you use feeders please don't purchase these. One sportsman to another,choose a brand with better people and actual sportsmen who believe in service.
Just the thoughts of someone who learned the hard way..
Old 05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: On Time Feeders

I had four ON TIME Feeders & thought they worked, I had one issue & sent it back & they took care of it. Now the bad part is I only had the feeders out about three months before someone stole all four... [:@]
Old 05-03-2006, 05:05 PM

I wish I had bought On Time rather than the other 3 Moulties!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

I too used to be a fan,but things have changed. Looks like they are now going cheap especially on the spinners them selves. Waiting through a season for a repair is worse than not repairing.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Spike

I have had nothing but good luck with my on-time feedeers. It is Moultrie I am disappointed with. Just this week I had a metal lid rust through. I called and they would sell me a plastic lid for $30. There website had another metal lid for$15 that I could not purchase iuless I bought it via the net and the plasticlid was not on-line. Add that tome going through three motors in 5 years and I will only be buying on-time feeders.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:03 AM

I must firmly agree with keylargo. I don't know that any electronic item in the field works perfectly but On Time has to be the worst I ever delt with in recent years. First my Fat Boy feeder burned up the they sent me a replacement feeder which promply did the same thing. I gave them a chance by moving up the the premium line thinking that this would solve the problem and the spinner on my life time feeder lasted less a month. I sent it in for repair per their warrenty and $12.00 and about 3 months later I got it back.This time the topof the canister came off so I give up. I have had two friends also have problems with theirs this past season. If I would have spoken to them first I would atleast have not burnedmy money a second time. Im looking for a new brand for this season any suggestions?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:48 AM

Went with a company called spin cast. So far so good
Old 06-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I went with one of the better American hunter lines. The spin plate seems to be much better made than on the on time.