Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rubber boots

Old 03-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rubber boots

I'm interested in getting a pair of Lacrosse rubber boots, about 18" tall and was wondering which of the following you all would recommend. I plan on using these for deer hunting, rabbit hunting, and maybe turkey hunting. They're pretty much the same thing, but diff. grams of insulation.

http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/product_detail.asp?catid=10&prodid=2707

http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/product_detail.asp?catid=10&prodid=2705
Old 03-23-2006, 12:49 PM

Default RE: Rubber boots

Go with the uninsulated ones. They'll keep your feet plenty warm, especially while you're moving around. I have the AlphaBurly Sport in camo (uninsulated), and the only times my feet have gotten cold is stand sitting for extended hours during December, and that can be partially prevented by just wearing some good warm socks. During the early season and turkey my feet sweat pretty heavy in these boots, even with just wearing a single pair of light polypropylene liner socks. I wouldn't want to wear boots any warmer in these conditions. Overall, these are great boots, and once I wear these out I'll definitely get another pair.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

coolbrze0, I hunt in NC with the exact boot you're in question about. I love them as they are light in weight and very comfortable. But, in December it gets a little cold here as you are in Northern Va know, so I use this item on my boots to aleive the cold. Check it out. www.buddybo.com

Old 04-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your constantlywalking (moving)through the woods or fields, the uninsulated model will work just fine. The insulated ones will be too warm for turkey hunting, and I prefer a pak boot for deer huting in extreme cold conditions to this style of boot.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:03 AM

Coolbrze0 check out Schnees boots. This is the 16" model and I heard nothing but great things about them. A little more expensive but very well made and can even be resoled!

http://www.schnees.com/catalog/schnee-pac-boots/p_s5sc-09163.html
Old 04-05-2006, 11:37 AM

coolbrze0,
I am from northern va and I use the uninsulated lacrosse alphaburly up until first of December. If your movin around they will keep your feet plenty warm. They feel as comfortable as an old pair on tennis shoes. I got mine at the Bass pro shop right before baltimore on 95. From Leesburg you are talkin maybe an 1 hr 20 min drive on a Saturday mornin.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: edooley

coolbrze0,
I am from northern va and I use the uninsulated lacrosse alphaburly up until first of December. If your movin around they will keep your feet plenty warm. They feel as comfortable as an old pair on tennis shoes. I got mine at the Bass pro shop right before baltimore on 95. From Leesburg you are talkin maybe an 1 hr 20 min drive on a Saturday mornin.
Edooley - where abouts in NOVA? I'm in Centreville. My e-mail addy is [email protected] - hit me up. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:15 AM

Hey coolbrze0,
I live in leesburg which is in in Loudoun County. I've lived here for about 4 1/2 years. Another place to find boots is the new Dicks Sporting Goods they opened up at the Dulles Towne Center mall off of Rt. 28. they wont have their rubber boots out until Aug/Sept... they've really expanded the hunting section, Its worth a drive over to take a look at.

Where do you usually hunt? I have a couple pieces of private property in Faquier and Prince william that Iam allowedhunt for now or I head up to a buddy's place in PA to hunt. Thinking of trying Rapidan in the fall for Bear.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 PM

i just bought pair of the uninsulated and they are plenty warm, if you get the 1200 and plan on walking anytime above freezing then your feet will sweat a lb. of water
Old 04-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: edooley

Hey coolbrze0,
I live in leesburg which is in in Loudoun County. I've lived here for about 4 1/2 years. Another place to find boots is the new Dicks Sporting Goods they opened up at the Dulles Towne Center mall off of Rt. 28. they wont have their rubber boots out until Aug/Sept... they've really expanded the hunting section, Its worth a drive over to take a look at.

Where do you usually hunt? I have a couple pieces of private property in Faquier and Prince william that Iam allowedhunt for now or I head up to a buddy's place in PA to hunt. Thinking of trying Rapidan in the fall for Bear.
I also hunt Faquier and Prince William. The fam. has a farm in PW Co. I also hunt Loudon, Orange, Clarke, and Warren Co. My e-mail addy is [email protected] hit me up.