HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   "ATV Silencer" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/135413-atv-silencer.html)

BuddyBo 03-05-2006 06:33 PM

"ATV Silencer"

I just bought an ATV Silencer by BENZ for my Honda Fourtrax 300 but haven't installed it yet as the exhaust adapter has to be weilded onto the factory muffler first. I'll get that done next week. I got a deal at a trade show, (The Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh, N.C.) for $129 even. It normally sells for $159.95 plus $11.95 for shipping on their website. www.atvsilencer.com So, my question is: Do you think this sliencer is worth the money and does it quieten the exhaust that much. The guy was demostrating one and it was very quiet and very loud when he pulled it off, but it may have been a doctored up, souped up quiet on, I just don't know. LOL. People do many things to make a sale and I seem to be a super sucker when it comes to hunting stuff anyway. Any of you have one of these sliencers on your 4 wheeler and how do you like it? Thanks in advance for any response.
BuddyBo

beulahboy 03-05-2006 08:01 PM

RE: "ATV Silencer"

I was wondering the same thing..........

uncle matt 03-06-2006 07:44 AM

I've seen several ATV's fitted with the silencers. Yes, they do work quite well & I think you're going to be suprised - and pleased.

Some of the silencer applications even advertise that they INCREASE power. I would have to think that when they say this they are talking about torque, not horsepower.

If the horsepower remains the same asstock and it increases torque that would be agood.

coyote170 03-06-2006 06:22 PM

Love mine its on a Honda Rancher works great had it about a year now
wouldnt run without it![8D]

bagem 03-06-2006 07:48 PM

I've had one on my Polaris 500HO for 3 years now. I would say it makes a noticable difference, but if you think you are going to slip into the woods undetected, forget it. It makes for a quieter ride, but I almost think it's more for my own comfort rather than for getting closer to game. They know I'm coming way before I get there.

I got mine from Cabelas bargain cave for $60, regularly $200.

wyotimberghost 03-07-2006 04:55 PM

I was checking out the ATV Stealth Exhaust system at an outdoor show in Casper, WY a while back, and I was flat out amazed at how well it worked. I got to talking to the guy running the booth, and it turned out that he was actually the inventor of the system. He explained to me how the exhaust increased your machine's power, but I have since forgotten exactly how it works. I asked him if the exhaust would work on my 2 stroke sportsman 400, and he said he was still developing the system and didn't know, so I struck up a deal with him that I'd let him use my machine as a test and get a free exhaust if it worked. Unfortunately it didn't work, but I'd still buy the ATV Stealth Exhaust in a heartbeat. If I used my new machine for hunting, that is.

stubblejumper 03-07-2006 09:58 PM

If you are going to ride your atv in extreme terrain,I would recommend a much stronger mounting system.The standard mounting system will likely not stand up to the stresses.However for the less demanding terrain that many people ride in,it will likely hold up just fine.

geterdun 03-13-2006 06:42 PM

does this silencer even work on a already-quiet 4 stroke kodiak 450 (hunting atv). Mine is already very quiet, but will it really cut down even that much of noise? it seems good, and i would like one, but i want to make sure it will makea noticable difference?

geter

BuddyBo 03-13-2006 07:27 PM

Yes geterdun, it does make quiet a difference! I put mine on a Honda fourtrax 300. It was pretty quiet to start with but I wanted it quieter. I installed it this past Saturday and am well satisfied. It was worth the investment for me. How much is quiet worth to you? Only you know that.
BuddyBo

phjortdc 08-23-2010 06:59 PM

My 2005 Kodiak 450 sounded like a loud lawn mower. I had an exhaust silencer put on and it was a totally different sounding machine. I was so impressed I bought an additional ATV silencer for my Polaris 500 X2 (which wasn't nearly as loud in the first place). It didn't make nearly as much of a difference but still helps a lot if you are behind the machine.

Paul