HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Homemade Tree Stands (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/130590-homemade-tree-stands.html)

Garminator 01-27-2006 06:21 AM

Homemade Tree Stands

I was thinking about making my own tree stand out of either wood or metal & I was wondering if any of you gents could provide me with some pictures or plans for any stands or ground blindsyou have made. I've seen a few companies posted on the web and have seen some neat designs but you guys never cease to amaze me with the creative things i've seen posted here on HN. Thanks for your help & God Bless.

Kybuckhunter 01-27-2006 08:04 AM

RE: Homemade Tree Stands

You can buy stands cheaper than you can make them. Also you take a big chance of the stand failing. Not worth it if you ask me.

Garminator 01-27-2006 09:01 AM

I don't know about that, from what i've seen it pic's, it's nothing more than a box (wood or metal) with cutout's in it, on top of stand (again wood or metal). I wouldn't imagine it would cost more than $250-500. Now where can I buy a decent stand for that amount of money?

NavyDeerHunter 01-27-2006 09:51 AM

Garminator-- Are you going to make a ladder stand or a lock on stand? I have seen good examples of both in the wood where I hunt and believe that they can be made for less than one you buy. Whatever you do, use treated lumber so you don't have to worry about it rotting out as quickly. I'd also recommend a good coat of sealer. Good luck,
Craig

Indianahick 01-27-2006 09:56 AM

Not real sure what you mean by a box with a cut out. But if you are looking for a ladder type or tripod from 12 to 16 feet look in Cabela's or Bass Pro. In the fall Rural King farm supply has tree stands of that nature here in the fall. If you are talking about what I call a box blind that has four sides, window, roof I have seen some starters that use 4x4's for sale, same places as befor. Wasn't there something like this on the home page here once? As for ready made plansI do not believe I have ever seen any but there must be some out there.

Good luck on your quest.

jonesato 01-27-2006 12:55 PM

You have to pay for the plans on this site but it might help with some ideas.

www.deerhuntingstandplans.com

Indianahick 01-28-2006 11:07 AM

I bookmarked that site. Looks like there are several good sets of plans on it. Something for most everyone and for alot of different places.

Garminator 01-28-2006 03:49 PM

Thanks for all the responses guys, I really appreciate it, Be safeout there.