Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

best binocular ??

Old 01-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: best binocular ??

I use Pentax PCF 7x50 for several years they have held up very well, I went with the 50's for better light gathering and they do work. My complaint is they are heavy Bino's to lug around the woods. I have been shopping for a 10X30ish size in the price range you have described and from Tasco's at $50. all the way to Swarovski at $1500+. Things I've decided are must have's for these bino's they will be made in USA, Japan, or EU. Sorry China low bid is out. Life time warrenty is a must. A good storage case, strap, and well made covers or cups that are included. Time tested models that have been in service for a while, not everyear we are changing products, in other words we make improvements to what we sell we don't change what works just to call it a new product!!!! I have used alot of glass in the last 20 years including eyeglassess I must say Zeiss rates pretty high on my list. As it stands my top three choices are Zeiss Conquest, Pentax DC? II , and Minox. How about you have you gone out looking yet and what have you found? SteveDSpetsnaz
Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

I use Swarovski. To me, they are significantly better.
Using Swarovski binos is a form of cheating. Any big game animal taken with the help of these glasses shoud be exempt from B&Centry
Old 01-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just picked up a pair Zeiss ClassiC Compact Binoculars 10x25.
They are great and very compact. They fold up nice and fit in a holster on your belt.
They were reasonably priced as well...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

I too need to get new binos. My 30 year old zeiss compacts are kinda tired. Or maybe my eyes are. Either way my wife is finding more elk with her 10by42 Pentax DCFHR2 binos than me and the old 6by20,
Yes 6by20. They have taken 6 or 7 rams and most other westerm game animals. Goes to show you quality is better thab quantity.
Anyways I wonder about the zeiss conquest, any comments. About the only new zeiss I can afford. Otherwise am leaning towards Nikon Monarch too.
By the way the wifes binos are made in china
Old 01-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really like my Pentax DCFSP 10x43's. No eye strain, clear, crisp, bright image and very good in low light. I have compared them to others costing more and they stack up well. I willnot go as far to say they are in the elite league of european binos like swarovski's but they appear pretty equal to that of the conquest(to my eyes).

tangozulu, the DCF SP's are a tad lighterbut cleaner/brighter & better in low lightthan the HR's. My pal has the same ones as your wife and we have compared a fair bit. To be honest I have been thoroughly happy with Pentax bino's, this is my 3rd set and my immediate family accounts for 7 in total. In my case my 12x50 PCF's had to be returned twice due to my own admitted fault, each time the problem was handled effeciently and with no cost incurred.The SP'sprice out a tad less than the conquests thatI have seen. Might be worth a boo!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

thanks skeeter, will check out
Old 02-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Wow the internet if fantastic,
I found the ziess 8by30 for 599 canadian plus 10 bucks shipping. These same binos are 580 US (667 can)at cabellas and shipping will be much more. Plus duty I suppose.
Also Monarchs at 366 canadian plus 15 bucks shipping, Cabellas at 300 US
Still checkin pentax.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:10 AM

Leopold Cascade 10x42 ($280) they weight 22 oz. which is 7 oz lighter then Bushnell Legends, 8 oz. lighter then Swarovski SLC & about the same as Nikon ATB (21.1oz.) Same clarity as the nikons, but $30 cheaper. Both binos I liked, didn't feel heavy around neck and good all round optics.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tangozulu

ORIGINAL: North Texan

I use Swarovski. To me, they are significantly better.
Using Swarovski binos is a form of cheating. Any big game animal taken with the help of these glasses shoud be exempt from B&Centry
They really are. Critters don't have a chance of hiding.

But don't tell anybody in the Deer Hunting Forum, they'll leave Jimmy Houston alone and be on my case for the next couple of weeks.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:50 PM

I would have to say that the best binoculars are the Bushnell powerview binoculars they work great

Quick Reply: best binocular ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.