Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

heater body suits??

Old 12-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default heater body suits??

Has anybody tried one of these heater body suits. Saturday I had all my cold weather gear on (14 degrees +22 mph wind) and had to move out of a tree stand to a pop-up ground blind. I lasted for about 6 1/2 to 7 hrs. but that was it. The cost of those things are about $300.00 (I got that tied up in cold weather clothing) Is it worth it?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: heater body suits??

i have a another idea. i use mine all the time. http://www.warmers.com/ItemDetails.a...oryID%7citemid
Old 12-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

A hunting buddy of mine used one last week in NE Penna, He said it kept him warm but his feet still got a little cold, but bearable even in the foot boodies.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Have never seen those heater holsters before kind of a novel idea and one of those why didn't I think of that ideas.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive used mine for 3 years now and it makes an unbelievable difference. i bought my brother one this year and last week he used it for the first time in 17 degree weather. he said that in less than 30 dergree weather he would never go hunting without the heater holster. although the pockets are big and they recommend the bigger type body warmer packs i just use the plain old hand warmers because its cheaper and it works great. you can get a case of the hand warmers pretty cheap on ebay or other online places. i thought of this idea years ago and also thought about sewing similar mesh pockets in my hunting long underwear. be careful to not put those heat packs next to your skin because it will leave red burn marks.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Spike

I have a heater body suit it works very well in cold weather. I didn't even get a chance to use it this year as it never got very cold. I think the coldest I sat on stand this year was about 7 deg. I have used the body suit down to about -15 without to much trouble. The thing like about the suit is when its cold you dont have to wear bulky clothes so when a deer comes by you just slip off the suit and you still have good mobility to make a shot. I think if your going to hunt real cold weather its worth the money