HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/123443-meindl-perfekt-hunter-boots.html)

Alsatian 12-02-2005 02:23 PM

Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots

I wore my new Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots, purchased from Cabelas, for a week during Oklahoma deer hunting season last week. My comments are below.

Sometimes my feet have gotten cold in the past, on mornings sitting in a ground blind waiting for deer when it is 20 degrees. I had hoped these boots would resolve that problem. I had no cold feet on this trip, but the weather was too warm to pose any real challenge in the cold weather department! I guess it is a positive that the boots did not feel too hot on afternoons when the temperature was 75 degrees and I was walking around in these boots having 400 ounces of thinsulate!!!

The boots were very comfortable. While I had not taken the trouble to walk in the boots before going hunting -- pretty risky behavior on my part -- there was never any blister trouble or even close to blister trouble developing. The boots protected my feet well from rocks kicked in the dark as I was walking and protected my ankles when stepping on unseen rocks in the dark.

No complaints or problems with these boots. I was very happy with them. I wish I had had a chance to test them in the cold, but what are you gonna do? Maybe I ought to take them with me on my annual visit to Illinois at Christmas? Might have an occasion to test them in some cold weather up there.

I bought these boots for a cow elk hunting trip I hope to make next fall. The hunt will be the second rifle season in about the third week of October; near Durango, Colorado; at elevations between 10,000' and 12,000' -- weather permitting.

okcmco 12-02-2005 08:20 PM

RE: Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots

Alsatian. I am also in OK. I went to cabela's in Ft Worth to buy some of those same boots. I ended up getting a apir of danners also in 400 grams of thinsulate. I was impressed with the perfect hunters except I couldn't get a pair to fit me just right. I have fallen arches and the Danners just seemed to be better. I felt I could walk farther in them without fatigue. A shame because I love the traditional styling of the meindls. I love an all leather boot. Plus they had so may different choices like 7", 10", 12" 200 grams, 400 grams. etc.
And I bought mine for an elk hun too! On a recent hunt in Woods county OK (near waynoka) My feet did get a little gold but not too bad at all! Good luck with the rest of hunting season
okcmco
PS, as the screen ID suggests, I am in okc. Where are you?

bdu33 12-03-2005 04:51 PM

I have 3 pairs of Meindl boots. IMO these boots are one of the best.
The last pair I bought was directly from a dealer in Canada. There's
more boots out there that the retailers don't sell. Great boots!
Link to where I purchased my last pair....
http://www.ajbrooks.com/

Alsatian 12-05-2005 04:50 PM

Oops! I meant 400 GRAMS not 400 OUNCES of thinsulate! Those would be some mighty heavy boots, I'm afraid.

okcmco, I live in McKinney, TX, just north of Dallas. I have a place to hunt just NW of Tulsa in Osage County, however, and have been hunting deer every year there since 2002. I took a 4x3 buck that field dressed 110 LBS and a doe that dressed 90 LBS this year. I never see very large animals where I hunt, which is OK with me. The small deer taste very good.

bdu33, I'm glad to hear your positive reports.

bownutty 12-11-2005 06:18 AM

I have had a pair of Miendl Denali's for about four years now and they are the best hiking/hunting boots I have ever had. I use them for upland, turkey hunting, snowshoeing, scouting, and as an everyday boot. They are a tough as nails and I have never got a blister from them or soar feet. These boots have 200 gram thinsulate and it is enough so my feet don't overheat in the summer and enough to keep them warm while snoeshoeing in negitive degree cold in the winter. The onlt thing I have done to them is treat the leather with Nix-wax once or twice a year to keep the leather supple and waterproof. I have fallen arches, ie. flat feet, and the Denali's give me great support.