HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   New Scope Purchase (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/120110-new-scope-purchase.html)

uwpce 11-07-2005 02:38 PM

New Scope Purchase

Ok, so I purchased a Sightron SII3x9x42 rifle scope from www.midwayusa.com on 11/03/2005. I paid $200 for it, plus a little more to ship it to me 2nd day. I'm heading out this Thursday to zero it in.

Got the scope today, just after lunch. Took the next hour off, so I could get it mounted. The gunsmith immediately looked through the scope and commented on its clarity and brightness. He had never had the opportunity of seeing a scope from Sightron. That made me feel much better about my purchase. I never got the chance to physically hold the scope and look through it, as I had ordered it over the net. He had nothing but positive comments for the Leupold base plate and rings, so I purchased them too. After everything was set up, I had a chance to look through the scope while attached to the rifle. It was clear, crisp and bright. The gunsmith also commented about something on the box the scope arrived in. He noticed some “Hunting & Shooting Sports Heritage Fund – Supporter” emblem, and said that the more reputable companies usually support this fund – like Leupold.

Anyway, I have nothing but positive remarks for both MidwayUSA and for now Sightron. Hopefully the scope is as reliable in the field as it is pretty to look through. The gunsmith seemed pretty impressed, which really helped me put my mind to rest. Nothing like ordering optics over the internet without getting to look through them first.

The rear sight needed to be removed; now I need to find those “plugs” to fill in the vacant holes on the barrel.

etothepii 11-07-2005 04:33 PM

RE: New Scope Purchase

I've heard good things about them. A friend of mine uses one on his muzzle loader and likes it.

I've also read (on a competing web sight's optics forum, hint, hint;)) that the SII is much better than the SI line of scopes.

uwpce 11-07-2005 09:54 PM

Thanks for the hint ET.I didn't know about the other "optics" forum. It would have been good reading beforehand. However, I took the advice of the extremely hunting savy members on this board.:D

Looks like I made a good choice with the SII.The scopelooks great, and is really clear and bright.

Noticed the other site doesn't like to mention other places to purchase scopes. Oh well, I'm happy with the price I paid, and couldn't be happier with MidwayUSA.

okcmco 11-14-2005 08:53 AM

dear etothepii. What is this other hunting forum. Does it have a separate optics forum? How can I reach it? My email is not blocked if you want to mail me directly
okcmco