Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris atv's Good or ?

Old 10-30-2005, 10:03 PM

Default RE: Polaris atv's Good or ?

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

I know I'm gonna step on some hands, but when has that ever stopped me?

I am fairly sure that Polaris is Greek for "BIG POS". Sure they have some great "gizmos" and ride great, but that's about the extent of their desirability.
Red, don't they have to actually be running, to ride great?

If you like to spend time on your bike, I hope that you like the scenery of the inside of a repair shop, because thats where you'll be sitting most of the time with a polecat, err I meanPolaris! No, no, I was right the first time! POLECAT!
If you want your money's worth, buy a Honda!

Hey let folks spend their money how they want. I am tired of trying to tell people whats good and whats not.
I have a coworker who has never owned an atv and wants one. he is stuck polaris ........I have heard it so much i just say buy one!!!!!!

I tell him he will never use his as much as i use mine and mine has some 4600 miles and is still going. Has cost me VERY little in parts for I do ALL my own maintenance. It's a HONDA!
I just say go ahead and get your polaris and soon i will just hear him Bit** about it breaking!!!!!!! Can't WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

And maytom is right deep water will "fak" up an atv more often a polaris!
My honda and kawasaki have both been in water and never had a belt.............well they don't have BELTS..........slip!!!!!!!!!!

It's sad that so many are going to BELTS!!!!!!!!!!!

But most other belted atv's are much better than a polaris![:'(]
Old 10-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Hey let folks spend their money how they want. I am tired of trying to tell people whats good and whats not".
I have a coworker who has never owned an atv and wants one. he is stuck polaris ........I have heard it so much i just say buy one!!!!!!

I tell him he will never use his as much as i use mine and mine has some 4600 miles and is still going. Has cost me VERY little in parts for I do ALL my own maintenance. It's a HONDA!
I just say go ahead and get your polaris and soon i will just hear him Bit** about it breaking!!!!!!! Can't WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to see that youpractice what you Preach!! LOL!!!

First off, Polaris doesn'tuse a drive belt to run the entire machine,it's just a short belt from the engine to the tranny.From the tranny back it isn't belted!! Sooo..... guess what, if your in the wrong gear range, (which most People seem to be when they break belts,) what do you want to break first? Your tranny ora belt?I think Polaris did the smart thing, why fuk up the tranny when you can just replace a belt. Much cheaper cost wise. And by the way, if you want to take to water, get your self a watercraft!!ATV's are made for land last I heard!! It's guys like you who beat your machines then complain when you have to take them in. I guess my Polaris must be the exception, huh? Never had a single problem!!The last Honda I rode felt likeI was riding on a slab of concrete, the suspension wasterrible.Yeah, go Honda......right!!

Old 10-31-2005, 12:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

First off, Polaris doesn'tuse a drive belt to run the entire machine

Well actually the belt does drive the entire machine.If the belt breaks the entire machine stopsdoes it not?

if your in the wrong gear range, (which most People seem to be when they break belts,)

So you are saying that people that ride quads with belt drives are stupid?

ATV's are made for land last I heard!!

And to think that I always assumed that the air intake and breathers on my quad were routed up as high as possible to allow the quad torun at certain water levels.I guess thatthey were mounted so high by coincidence.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love talking to idiots!! LOL!!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: maytom
First off, Polaris doesn'tuse a drive belt to run the entire machine,it's just a short belt from the engine to the tranny.From the tranny back it isn't belted!!
I must agree with SJ! Yeah, that little belt DOES drive the entire machine! That is WHEN the POS happens to start up! No belt, no go!
Sooo..... guess what, if your in the wrong gear range, (which most People seem to be when they break belts,) what do you want to break first? Your tranny ora belt?
Haven't stripped a gear or twisted a drive shaft in 25 years of Honda's! BTW, thats 25 years of TWO Honda's! The first was 20 years old and still running when I got rid of it!
The last Honda I rode felt likeI was riding on a slab of concrete, the suspension wasterrible.Yeah, go Honda......right!!
Are you sure that the POS was really moving, to ride so smooth? It may have just felt smooth because it wasn't even running! It was just sitting on a concrete slab in the shop!

Hey, as Soarkrebel says, "it's your money!" Go ahead, and throw it away if you want to! But if your gonna toss it in the toilet, why not just send me the money!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: maytom

I love talking to idiots!! LOL!!
Me too.It has been a pleasure talking to you.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:03 AM

i got the huge kaw 750 brute force it will do anything you want it to do...
Old 10-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan
Hey,"it's your money!" Go ahead, and throw it away if you want to! But if your gonna toss it in the toilet, why not just send me the money!
I see that your another Honda lover, sad.Like you stated above, it's your money.Love this thread, youPolaris bashers are comming out of the woodwork!! LOL!! Some day you'll see the light.[8D]
Old 10-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some day you'll see the light.[8D]
I see the light every time I look back and see the headlight on the polaris machine behind me.That is when the light actually works.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:42 PM

I just bought a 2005 Bombardier Outlander 400 and it's been great so far. My only complaints are the plastic racks (2006 are metal) and it can be a little noisy. I will say that it rides great and has plenty of power. Being only the first year to own it I can't comment on the maintenance, but the research that I did didn't throw up any red flags on maintenance.

Quick Reply: Polaris atv's Good or ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.